3. Oasis of the Seas
We had an amazing vacation on the Oasis and while in the future, we would prefer to return to Holland America, we would sail on Oasis again. We spent two days in Cocoa Beach staying at the Residence Inn prior to our cruise. We loved the hotel and enjoyed exploring. We did have some issues returning our rental car at Hertz due to the office closing early without notification, however the office took care of it competently after a nerve wracking night. We enjoyed motorized paddleboats/ kayaking, mini golfing, and sightseeing while in Cocoa Beach. We also had a great key lime pie from the Key Lime Pie company. Embarcation was very stressful and our biggest complaint with the cruise. Staff at the port would not allow us to stay with my handicapped parents through the security line. We were told we could meet them on the other side of security. After waiting in line, we went through security. My parents were nowhere to be seen. They would not allow us to linger in the security area and were told that they had already gone ahead. We progressed to the boarding area, asking multiple times about my parents. We were told they had already boarded the ship. We insisted they would not have boarded without us and asked them to check that their cards had been scanned in. They refused and told us we needed to continue on to the ship. We refused and my husband went back to look for them. He was told he would need to go through security again. At this point 30 minutes had passed. Just before he left the boarding room, he met up with them arriving in the boarding room. They had just left security. Security had put my 80 and 90 year old parents through hell, including searches, removing all labeled medications, etc from their bags, and accusing them of hiding a bomb in their nebulizer which had an md script attached to it. Stressed and exhausted, we finally boarded the ship. We were delayed in boarding at this point, so we decided to go to the Solarium for lunch. We were able to get a table for 6 and the adults enjoyed the lunch. Our two children did not so we did not return. We spent the remainder of the afternoon exploring the ship, swimming, registering the kids for teen club, and unpacking 5 of 6 suitcases. The 6th suitcase was finally found by my husband at 7:30 that night sitting in a hallway on deck 6. We ate dinner in the Main Dining Room that night and met our great servers: IMade and Maryna. They were both wonderful and we ended up cancelling other reservations to eat there every night but one, We loved the meals, although we did get a little bored with broccoli and carrots. The one other night, we ate at Giovanni's. We had a complimentary meal from our travel agent. Great food and the only night we over ate. They said lasagna is now available every night even though it is not on the menu. This was another challenge with seniors. They could not see or hear anything in the restaurants, it was too dark and loud. Breakfasts and lunches at Sabor, Johnny Rockets, and the Windjammer were all fine as long as we ate early. Later in the day, crowds and lines would build and tables for 6 were a challenge. We enjoyed all the entertainment. Our showing of Oasis of Dreams was cancelled and the rescheduled time was during dinner. We made dinner without trouble however, as we saw a shortened show. We were able to see the full version later in the week and it was amazing. My favorite was the skating show. It is amazing that they can do that on ice. We spent many nights in the Jazz club and piano bar. The pools were chilly all week but still crowded on the warmer of the 2 sea days. There was always room in a hot tub. Even going up to the pool deck at 9:30 on the sea, it was impossible to find loungers together. Our teens made friends their first night at Teen club. There were over 1000 teens on the cruise. My two children were upset they divided teen club into two groups. My 15 year old daughter would meet friends outside of the teen club. My 13 year old son, ended up going to teen club multiple times, participating in activities and playing video games. In Labadee, we rented a bungalow. We really enjoyed it. In Falmouth, we walked around the port and shopped and then reboarded the ship. In Cozumel, we went on a great private excursion with Cozumel Cruise Excursions.net. We had a great day and saw a good portion of the islands without crowds. Disembarcation was better than embarcation, however we were again separated from my parents at the the elevators. They again would not allow us to gather to meet at the base of the elevators. This time, my husband insisted on going with my parents and we reconnected by calling on our cell phones. We concluded our vacation with a great Royal Caribbean tour to Kennedy Space Center and airport drop-off. We had a very early departure time, but then sat on the bus for an hour waiting to leave. The tour was great and we made it to the airport on time. MCO is a mess at the ticketing area right now. Overall, we had a great time, but it is a big ship for seniors with difficulty on the elevators for someone in a wheelchair.

Great vacation, but challenging with seniors

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Cindy fan

In Labadee, we rented a bungalow. We really enjoyed it.

In Falmouth, we walked around the port and shopped and then reboarded the ship.

Cindy fan’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Our boardwalk view cabins were sufficiently spacious and clean. We had adequate room for our clothes. Having extra magnet hooks for the walls were very nice. We had no issues with our room or the connecting room/door for our children and the three connected balconies with our children and parents. We were able to access all threes rooms from the balconies as sliding doors do not lock.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans