3. Seven Seas Mariner
I choose to take a cruise on Regent Seven Seas because of the great reviews and all-inclusiveness-excursions, casual dress, included tipping, wines and alcohol. I was taking the cruise to see if I could recommend Regent for another cruise my business was taking in 2019 for 20-40 people. I shipped a box of wine and were assured that it would be delivered to our stateroom. By 5pm, we started to get a bit panicked and asked several people if they could help us. Noone seemed to care to help. We talked to someone at reception and he wanted us to provide him with the address and email of where the wine was shipped. We finally found it, but of course, they were already closed for the day. The wine finally made its way to our room but after dinner that first evening. The next day the head sommelier and others talked to us and tried to explain that there was a lot of wine on pallets and they finally got to finding our wine. SERVICE-the staff seemed to be completely overwhelmed for some reason at both dinner in the main Compass Rose dining room, Setti Mare and most of the bars. The bar staff lacked personality and made it feel like we were bothering them. The only time we had good service was at the speciality restaurants. Food-we had only one meal where it was good from appetizers to dessert, that was night 6 in Compass Rose. Even in the speciality restaurants, most of the food was good, some just okay. The Italian restaurant-Setti Mare was not good-we expected better, the raviolis were hard, the sauce not appetizing. One night in Compass Rose, we took one bite of each of our entrees and couldnt eat it, instead, we went back to our room and ate room service hamburgers. In Setti Mare, my girlfriend was not feeling well so we asked for some ginger ale to settle her stomach. We waited 10 minutes and finally I went to one of the bars to get it for her. It never arrived at our table from our waiter. Regent Band-excellent! The best part of the cruise. We enjoyed them at the shows and then afterwards, they played an hour set in one of the lounges. Entertainment-not very good. The singing was terrible and we walked out of 2 shows. Lecture-excellent! There was a lady from the Smithsonian who gave three lectures on the Caribbean and was very informative. Alcohol offered was good. The wine selection not so good. There was one wine we found that was good, an Australian Shiraz and we were able to have it most of the time. Spa was nice for a massage. Gym-not so good. The gym equipment was not the best and the person working the gym was rude. We were stretching one day with a couple other people in a large sized room. We were asked to leave so a yoga class could be conducted for 3 people. Excursions-pretty good. It was nice to see new places. We took 4 excursions, enjoyed the ones we took. We filled out a mid-cruise report and also sent these comments to our travel agent who shared them with her Regent representative. Again, noone at Regent seemed to care about our experience. A shame really, especially for the price we paid for the cruise.

A very disappointing experience!

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by mjannunziata