3. Seven Seas Mariner
Always remember that whatever you get for "free" is worth exactly what you pay for it. Internet service aboard the mariner is a signal case in point. Over the 22 days of this cruise, I think I got perhaps 10 minutes of semi-acceptable quality wifi/nternet acces. Slow, unreliable, unpredictable, unworkable and as frustrating as pushing a mule up a steep hill. And I don't think that those passengers who sprang for the exorbitantly priced "premium" packages had it any better. At least not the ones to whom I spoke. That really is a shame, because this cruise, otherwise, was thoroughly enjoyable, comfortable and just plain good as our last on the Mariner, several years ago. Good itinerary, good crew,, for the most part excellent food and good quality wines.. Accommodations perhaps beginning to show a bit of wear, but nowhere as bad as other reviews might lead one to believe. Our stateroom and public rooms all spotlessly clean and kept so throughout the cruise. Interesting excursions, especially the ones you paid extra for, such as the Isla Corazon out of Manta, all with uniformly informed, helpful and friendly local guides. (The kinds you are happy to tip well at the end of a tour.) Except for the frankly abysmal internet service, this would have been a five star cruise for us. All the more a shame because providing good internet access in this day and age - or not doing so - is a reflection of bad, penny-wise, pound-foolish decision in the executive suite at Regent. I would like to take another Regent cruise. But I've decided I will not do so until they bring their internet up to an acceptable standard.

SuperShip, Crew, Food, Wine; LOUSY INTERNET

jlicharson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin B 936
Clean, well kept and comfortable. Right in the centre of the ship so good for wavy days.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins