3. Norwegian Spirit
Let me tell why the NCL Spirit won my heart. The Ship may not be the collest Ship in the NCL fleet. It may not have the bells and whistles of their newer ships. What it does have, is a crew that actually is keen on making your stay the best it can be. Our Cabin 6066 was a standard 148 Sq Ft Oceanview with a large window. It had been impeccably cleaned and maintained well past it's long lived 19 years of service. In fact the whole ship was very well maintained and showed no hint to it's age. Dining was a breeze on the Spirit. The Raffle's Court (Buffet) had great service excellent choices day in and day out. We had a four dinner speciality dining package. We chose LaTrattoria, Le Bistro (2 times), and Cagney's. i can say that all of the experiences were exactly what you should expect for a speciality restaurant. Our visits to the Garden and Windows main dining rooms had a great dining experiences as well. The only one entree that we did not like was at Shogun. The Orange Peal Chicken was overcooked and tough. It was quickly replaced and the only bad dish on a ten day cruise. Entertainment on the cruise was varied with lots of choices. We were not particularly pleased with Tres Amigos and Magik. We did stay for their the entire shows. The NCL Spirit dancers were excellent in World Beat and Elements. Service ship wide was at a level I have not seen on my other 9 NCL cruises. As was pointed out to me a crew member the NCL Spirit has long been number one in customer satisfaction in the NCL fleet. I can see how a small ship has a huge advantage over the mega ships in the fleet. Ports on this cruise we exceptional: Casablanca, Tenerife, Grand Canary, Funchal, Malaga, and Alicante. Of the 6 six I could easily go back to any of them with one exception of Casablanca. Casablanca is not an easy place to wander about and get a feel for their culture. I would highly suggest a guide for Casablanca. Our shore excursions to Mt Teide, the volcano on Tenerife, and our Sled ride on Funchal were well worth the time and expense.

THiS IS WHY I LOVE SMALL SHIPS!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by andre4259

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

andre4259’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 6066
Great standard cabin. 148 square feet that was well maintained and very clean.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins