3. Crown Princess
This was my first time sailing on Princess Cruise lines, we boarded the Crown after a norovirius outbreak on the previous sailing. We received an email notifying us of the additional cleaning being conducted prior to embarkation, so our boarding was delayed about 2 hours. Once we arrived to the port, we were up on the sun deck within 20 minutes! So impressed! My first impressions were good, the atrium is very elegant, I thought the sun deck was well laid out. My last cruise was on the Norwegian Escape, and the sun/pool deck space was so limited, this is not the case on the Crown - we never fought for a lounger no matter what time of the day it was, the pools were never too crowded, we really enjoyed the movies under the stars too! We were in an interior cabin on the aloha deck - very quiet, perfect space for 2, I don't think I would want to fit more than that, but I loved the closet/bathroom lay out and thought the beds were pretty comfortable. I was apprehensive since I have only stayed in balcony cabins in the past, but I would stay in an interior cabin in a heartbeat if the price was right! We had anytime dining which worked perfect since it was only 2 of us and we have no issues sharing tables. We met some great fellow cruisers and had good servers. The food didn't blow me away by any means, I tried all the Curtis Stone meals and was fairly disappointed by all 3 of them. None of the dining room food was bad, but I expected it to be slightly higher quality than Norwegian and didn't find that to be the case. Entertainment - pretty disappointing for me. I thought the production shows were good, the comedian was great, but I really missed entertainment like dueling pianos, piano lounge singers and random guitar players that Norwegian has throughout the cruise. We sat through Karaoke which was entertaining and a few of the trivia games, but overall I thought they needed more smaller venue entertainment. Service - I didn't encounter any rude employees, I thought it was strange that I didn't see many waiters around the pool deck - literally I was never asked if I wanted to order a drink... I had to walk to the bar, not a big deal, but still thought that was a slight lack of service. Our room steward and the ones around our cabin were very friendly and did a great job! I went on my first and definitely last ship sponsored excursion - was supposed to be a historical tour of Puerto Plata and it was a waste of time, we were shuttled around to 3 shopping areas with about 30 minutes of educational viewing along the way. The tour guide was nice enough, but I really wanted to spend some time at the sites mentioned at the tour, not the preferred vendors shops.....not impressed. I did not bring my kids on this cruise and am thankful for that - I think they would have been bored out of their minds, the kids club looked very nice, but there were maybe 25 other kids onboard....just not the right time of year for kids on Princess I think, which didn't surprise me. I read plenty of negative reviews for the Crown prior to sailing which made me a little nervous, but I really didn't notice any negatives that would "ruin" my vacation. Is some of the carpet worn - yes, could she use a little paint here and there - yes....but that is why dry dock is just around the corner. I think some people just like to complain, but I just feel lucky to be on a cruise ship, so its all good for me! I would sail on the Crown again for sure - as long it was just me and my husband or maybe a group of friends.

1st time Princess cruiser

Crown Princess Cruise Review by jjfanoele

jjfanoele’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB A520
Wonderful location, plenty of storage room and nice sized bathroom. Beds were comfy and thought there was plenty of room for 2 people. Best qualities of the cabin is being 2 decks below the pool deck and very quiet.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins