3. Emerald Princess
It's nice being able to jump on the ship in Los Angeles for a short 7 day cruise we're only 18 minutes away. But that was the good part. We've done this cruise fifteen times and I'm not sure what went wrong or if it's just the Captain on the Emerald. It felt like we were on a training voyage. The crew was lost and confused and could never answer a question or help you. We were traveling with ten other family members that weren't in a suite so we sat in Main Dining most of the time. Had a set table but continually had the wrong meals served and it would take fifteen to twenty minutes for everyone to be served. I know, we shouldn't complain about eating, but that's part of our job on a cruise!! Club Class dining was amazing, still the same menu but the waitstaff knew their jobs. Breakfast in the Crown Grill should never be missed, was worth the cost of a Suite! Kind of tell you how they feel about folks that book an inside room! Then there's always Horizon Court on the Lido Deck. I'm not packing a suit for a seven day cruise so up we go. Not much to say about the food there, salad bar consisted of some shredded lettuce and cherry tomatoes, that's it. Wasn't much of an entree either but there was a large mixture of warm things to choose from and the best bet for dessert was a cookie. Everything else was gluten or sugar free . . . hey! I'm on a cruise! Getting off the Ship! Whew, platinum member in a full suite! We get our own private disembarkation lounge. We travel light and only in our 60's so we can still move a little and choose self embarkation. Asked for Group 1, ended up in Group 4 and our lounge was on Deck 5. Had to go up two floors to get off and couldn't get a free elevator. Most of the ship had disembarked by the time we got off. Would I go back! The way I feel now, nope, there's a lot of other choices out there. I'll probably end up on a Princess Cruise sometime or another but I'm steering clear of the Emerald, it was just that bad!

I think the Captain jumped ship!

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Gelato Snob

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Premium Suite with Balcony

Gelato Snob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 E732
Cabin was roomy, nice tub and shower. No shelving or space in the bathroom for your own items.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins