3. Carnival Magic
This was our second sailing with Carnival. First, the good stuff: Thankfully we purchased our transfers from Carnival. Our connecting plane broke down and our arrival time was THREE HOURS LATE! I called Carnival from Chicago to let them know, and they had two representatives waiting for us at baggage check. We got on the ship at 3:45 p.m. NEVER again will we fly the same day as departure. Carnival, your reps at the baggage claim were simply AMAZING! My overall impressions of the ship were mixed at best. Walking the lido deck, the Dive in Theater screen is in need of a major cleaning and replacement of pixels. The staff on the ship just seemed tired and task oriented. I think they were so busy with tasks that there was really not a lot of time or energy for passenger interactions. Now for the not-so-good: OK, our cabin. We were in stateroom 1293, interior. I will admit that I am frugal and enjoy saving money when I can. I swear I am not a DIVA, but...our bathroom really did smell of sewage on and off for the week. The mid-ship elevator smelled of mildew so bad I almost lost my cookies. What I found interesting is that Jeff the Fun Dude, who is an onboard comedian mentioned as a joke that Carnival is aware of the bottom two floors smelling like sewage, but it's an inside joke that passengers who stay down there are "cheap mother*&#@*&%'s". I realize he is a comedian trying to be funny, but I found no humor in this joke as we lived it for seven days. The MDR food was so hit and miss I would give it two stars, tops. One thing that really stuck out was our head waiter grabbing a peppercorn steak sauce mini bowl from my husbands plate and putting it on another persons plate at a different table. Are you freakin' kidding me? GO GET ANOTHER ONE! As for the fellow passengers....holy wow. I can sum it up best with this one example: A young pregnant woman wearing a two piece bikini and flip flops in the jewelry shop leaning against a display case waiting for the free drawing. I liken the onboard entertainment to a high school production. The performers are just not that good. I felt like I was watching a rehearsal group. Two stars, tops. This was our second Carnival cruise...I just don't think this is the line for us. :( I just want to go hang out on a ship with a clean, smell free stateroom and not see trashy people. If you have any ideas for another cruise line, please let me know.

Interesting Experience....

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Oregon Cruiser1976

This was our second sailing with Carnival. First, the good stuff:

Now for the not-so-good:

Oregon Cruiser1976’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D 1293
Plenty of room for two people; we don't spend a lot of time in our stateroom. The bed was so uncomfortable. We requested a king; I think the room steward forgot to put the large flat piece on top of our twin mattresses. We could feel the divide between the beds.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Amber Cove
    We did the RAZR tour in Dominican Republic. Super fun. We loved Pedro!!! We had the best chicken after we were done with the excursion. My husband doesn't even like fried chicken, but he LOVED this fried chicken. YUMMY. All of the locals are so genuinely nice and friendly...just be prepared to witness extreme poverty and see a way of life that most of us are not used to. Don't judge the locals...they are so amazing and friendly! Loved them all.
    View All 659 Amber Cove Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Amber Cove Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    Reef and Rays!!! AMAZING!! We snorkeled first, then went to visit the rays. I loved this excursion! The water is so amazing; the color is a deep blue, and so very warm. The sand is even amazing. We could have stayed on this island forever!
    View All 66 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Half Moon Cay
    We were scheduled to go to St. Thomas, but was changed to Half Moon Cay. This place is AMAZING!! When you are in the water, you will swear you are in a swimming pool. The water is that perfect. Cool at first, but you adjust within just a couple minutes. Cannot say enough good things about this island. Love, love, love it!!
    View All 11,640 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    We were supposed to go to San Juan, but was changed to Nassau because of hurricanes. I do not like this port whatsoever. The locals at the docks are like sharks feeding off of the tourists. It really does border on harassment. If we ever get re-routed back to Nassau again, we will not get off the ship. Yep, it's that bad.
    View All 5,747 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews