• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Freedom of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
28 Awards

Most enjoyable cruise ever with a couple of caveats.

Review for Freedom of the Seas to Transatlantic
tew3622
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

My wife and I wanted to visit Barcelona again as we did not spend as much time the last time we were in Spain in the spring of 2015. The Transatlantic Cruise seemed just what we wanted to do as we had heard great reviews about westbound Transatlantic Cruises and Royal Caribbean did not disappoint us. The staff was great and I would recommend a cruise like we took to anyone interested in a Transatlantic Cruise.

I do have some caveats concerning the cruise ratings and my two complaints are; food in the main dining room, while very good, on two occasions was served cold and the other complaint is; drink prices are just two expensive. I know cruise ships have to make money, but come on; a glass of wine on the ship costs as much, if not more than a bottle of wine through a land based liquor store in the United States. Buy the drink package is also very expensive. $51.00 a day per person, plus 18% is way too expensive, in my opinion.

However, don't let my caveats tarnish a cruise like this if you do not enjoy a cocktail, wine or beer while cruising or you don't imbibe.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E1

Was completely satisfied with the Cabin, very neat and well laid out.

Port Reviews

Cadiz

Best Excursion of the bunch

Montserrat

Well worth the time if in Barcelona.

Tenerife

Spent time on a hop on hop off bus. Great!

1 Helpful Vote