3. Royal Princess
Hadn't done the Med and this was a good itinerary. Very port intensive so less time at sea. Did a private ride from Rome to port and went aboard immediately - smooth & easy. I had booked a balcony but, lucky me, got upgraded to a mini-suite. obviously a last minute thing, as the system never did completely get caught up: no notices about lounges, bar not set up (took 2 days), excursion tickets missing, etc. All this was easily fixed, but I am used to no snafus. Cabin very nice. Food is usually superb, but this time it was down a notch. Items I'd had many times were not to Princess' usual standards. Too often it seems that the food doesn't change. Promote new things so we'll know it's just not the same old thing. Let Chefs have some creativity on board. It's like "one size fits all" is the motto - shake it up. Usually they promote the $25 wine tasting and I do it. Never heard about it, so I didn't go this time. Bartenders continue to be the first line of customer service and they all seem to have remarkable memories for people and drinks. (The new Medallion may think it will accomplish this, but the current staff keeps up with what you order and are so gracious about it.) People I'd seen on the ROYAL in April came up to me and welcomed me back. THAT is good customer service. Was hoping that there would be some new shows, but outside the Freddie Mercury tribute, I'd seen them all before. The Piazza is the best thing - great shows, musicians, dancing, people watching with plenty off room to participate, to relax or to watch. Problem with the excursions was the group size. 40 is a big group when you're in a small charming city without any amplification. Guides were good and usually very positive and proud of their cities.

Lots to see & do ashore but some things on board were less than stellar

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Frances775

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony

Frances775’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1 R203
Standard Princess layout but with room for full sofa. Neat and clean. No surprises.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins