This was our first transatlantic and it will not be our last on the Eurodam. It was a wonderful experience from the embarkation to the disembarkation 28 days later. The food was the best we have had onboard and the staff was excellent. We had great service in our room and in the dining room. Everyone went out of their way to make our experience memorable. We loved all of the new spaces like the Silken Den and although we enjoyed the special dining we found that the dining room was our place of choice. The entertainment was varied and the shows were well presented. The ports we visited were once in a lifetime experiences for us but the crossing was very enjoyable too. We looked forward to our sea days. We were concerned that with the addition of the cabanas that we would be crowded around the pool but at least for this cruise - this was not a problem although I imagine that it might be on a warmer destination cruise. Our big disappointment was the piano bar - in the past it has been a highlight in a cruise but this time - the young man was arrogant and loud - never have had this experience before - there were some people who liked him but most nights he played to a handful. I personally could not stand to be in the same room for more than a few minutes. The other entertainment was pretty good throughout the ship. I did notice that the stringed ensemble had a bit of an attitude at times - treated the audience as if they were not very knowledgeable concerning classical music and I think they were very wrong - the audience seemed musically well versed ( I speak as a professional musician ) I know that the food onboard is a result of the head chef and we lucked out - I found the food in the main dining room equal to what we usually find in the Pinnacle and the Pinnacle was out of sight. For us - this was a special trip and our first opportunity to experience transatlantic travel .We found that we liked the experience and we also found that we liked the experienced travelers with whom we shared this trip- these transatlantic travelers had a lot of experience under their belts and they were very classy. Wonderful ship and wonderful experience- The Eurodam is quite a lady in all aspects.

Traveling with a Lady

Rates
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Signature Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SS 6106
Perfect location for this trip - got to watch all the port activity when docked. Room was comfortable and quiet - close to elevators for dining without being on the main walkway
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins