3. Seven Seas Voyager
Having cruised previously on Oceania and Seabourn among others, I was looking forward to the Regent experience - expecting it to be far superior to Oceania and on par with Seabourn or better. I won't get into the whole reasons why, but I totally will not cruise on Regent again. We upgraded to the Penthouse A category and although Voyager was supposed to have recently undergone a complete refurbishment - the decor was very plain and dull. We expected the penthouse to be nicer but Oceania Riviera was far better with two sinks in the bathroom along with a full free standing shower with shower head rather than a hand held mounted one. The tub on Oceania PH was jetted. Our butler was very formal and not welcoming or warm. When we did ask her to inquire about changing our specialty dining time she promised to check yet never got back to us.When we saw that Regent tours did not allow requests for handicapped seating in advance she promised to check it out for us, then never did. When she saw our wine bottle had been emptied, she didn't bother to replace. The cabin attendants put my Regent tote bag under the bed when it was full of my belongings from the day trip and i panicked when I could not find it later in the night. We told her that possibly it had been left at screening. She promised to help and said she would ask the cabin attendants to look for it. I then started looking again and checked under the bed where it had been laid on top of our emptied suitcases. So it was tucked away intentionally. She should have known that may have been the case and tried to look for it for me. The food was not even close to as good as Oceania. The timing the restaurants closed was also inconvenient if you took the included tours. They always returned you to the ship too late for dinner in the Compass Rose and barely in time for the Veranda - which was mediocre at best. We will not choose Regent again unless there is a fabulous itinerary and if the ship is the new Explorer. Otherwise will probably stick with Oceania. Looking forward to trying Crystal.

Regent Not As Expected

Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by kkmiausa

kkmiausa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Voyager price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin A 963
Small, drab. One sink in bathroom. Small balcony but did have picture window.
Bedding excellent. Butler terrible - try to avoid Samita as your butler.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins