3. Norwegian Getaway
Although a number of reviews have already covered this particular cruise - I'll add my opinions as well. Overall - I'd rate the cruise a C+ (average) for a number of reasons: Positives: 1. I enjoyed the ship, liked the overall size (although it is possible this contributed to some of the negatives listed below). I liked most of the bar and lounge areas, and really liked the Waterfront area / deck on Deck 8. 2. Inside stateroom was comfortable and just fine for this cruise. We spent so much time in port or around the decks, there really wasn't a reason to be in the room to much. 3. Plenty of deck space and pool space (if you could handle the cooler temperatures!) Waterslides and Ropes course were fun to go on as well. 4. Food was really good in most places. In particular, Ocean Blue was a specialty restaurant we dined at on the evening we departed St Petersburg. (One of the best meals we had!) The Garden Cafe buffet was good and had plenty of variety for breakfast and lunch. I wasn't impressed with Garden Cafe as much for dinner - and we generally tried to go to the main dining rooms Taste or Savor for dinner which were good although sometimes a bit slow in service time. 5. Show / Entertainment in general was good. We went to the Illusionarium one night for the dinner / Cirque du Soleil type show -- highly recommended!! I also enjoyed the dueling piano bar in Headliners, and some of the shows / events in the Atrium were enjoyable to watch (however - see my comment below re: the Atrium) 6. The ports make / break this cruise. St Petersburg and Stockholm were fantastic to visit! (Note - we used TJ tours for a 2-day program -- and they were fantastic! Highly recommended!!) As an added note - the docking in Nynasham Sweden rather than downtown Stockholm is a non-issue in my opinion. The cruise extended our port time by 2 hours allowing everyone time to travel back and forth between our docking point and downtown Stockholm Negatives: 1. Missed ports -- unfortunately - this creates an automatic downgrade of the cruise in my opinion. I get that we could not get into the small port of Warnemunde on the first day due to high winds (and the impact it had on a ship of our size trying to get into a small channel). But the larger problem is that we were unable to continue to Tallin, and instead had to continue circling the port for a full day. When we finally docked the next day, there was insufficient time to go to Berlin as we had to leave by 2pm in order to get to St Petersburg on time. Had we just missed Warnemunde (Berlin) on the first day, I would be more understanding, but the issue here is why Norwegian would schedule a 2nd embark / departure port which did not allow us to continue on to Tallin on the 1st day. Missing 1 port was bad enough, but missing 2 ports justifies an automatic downgrade of the cruise experience. 2. Atrium area -- conceptually, it is a great idea and a neat gathering place. In practice however, it becomes way too loud and too crowded for the types of events they want to hold there. On top of this, the guest services, shore excursion desks are in the same lobby area. In the evening, it was very difficult to have a conversation with anyone in the vicinity. 3. Getting back on the ship in Warnemunde -- not sure what happened but have never seen anything like this before. Seemed like most of the ships passengers (all 4000 of us) were stuck milling around outside of the ship and in crazy long lines. I ended up walking back to Warnemunde, grabbed a beer to go, and then walked back and sat in the shade for an hour until the lines started moving! 4. Smoke in the casino - should not be allowed. It drifts between levels 6, 7, and 8 of the ship which is a central area for indoor entertainment. I could nitpick a few more minor items here and there, but overall those were the biggest negatives. Considering how our cruise started, I think the Captain tried as best as possible to inform everyone of what was happening. The Captain also spent additional time during the Captain's talk on the final day of the cruise showing us diagrams of how it was not possible for our ship to dock in Warnemunde on the first day. (I don't doubt the decision at all - my beef is with Norwegian on why they would make Warnemunde a mandatory and 2nd embarkation stop if it is such a narrow docking channel) But in spite of an overall rough start, I think Norwegian recovered fairly well and were able to proceed with the rest of the cruise within reason. I'll cruise again with Norwegian as my experience with them is generally positive.

Norwegian Getaway (Baltics - June 12th 2017)

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by cabuff94

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside Stateroom

Overall - I'd rate the cruise a C+ (average) for a number of reasons:

Positives:

Negatives:

cabuff94’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1 12471
Just fine for this cruise. Exactly as advertised. Maybe even a bit more room than I was expecting.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins