MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

Bedding in required

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by tinhat1234

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

The ship is very nice, we boarded at Genoa for 7 nights. We have never done MSC, always Celebrity, NCL etc so was looking forward to a change. It certainly was!!

We had booked Aurea class so checking in was quick as you by-pass the lines. The cabin wasnt ready till 4pm, as clearly we were the first to use it as it was covered in dust and I had to ask the the steward for our key cards.

We had anytime dining, I must say it was chaos, with Italians shouting and barging about. I expected this, but some people waited hours for food, and the lines outside the restaurants were huge.

The speciality reataurants were OK, Tepanaki very good, but Brewers Cut very dissapointing. The food was OK, but the staff didnt know what they were doing. Eataly was very good, both in the restaurant and the Bistro on the promonade.

We had an adjoining cabin, and the door howled in the wind!! I ebnded up sellotaping the gap to ease the problem, and we only had 1 chair on the balcony, apparently they were coming on board in a week or so!!

We had a free massage as part of the deal, it was excellent

The All inclusive package is a joke, it came with our cabin grade but there was only Hieneken as a choice of Lager, or you had to pay?? The cocktails were good with plenty of choice but there were no ciders without paying??

Getting off the ship in Barcelona was dangerous, there were only 2 gates open for 5700 passengers!! It was starting to get out of hand, especially with the Italians barging in and cheering!!

There is a lot of reliance on technology, all orders are via ipad etc and through your app and room TV, this is OK until it goes dow, and there was only one IT guy explaining to older clients how to log onto the internet. I met a guy from Ireland in the line for customer services, he had bought a drinks package but was still getting charged for each drink, and he had 2 germans on his cabin account?? so his bill was over 3000 euros!!

All in all, for the price you pay with MSC it was OK and I know its not Celebrity. The ship is lovely, and I am sure they will get their act together as far as customer service is concerned.

tinhat1234's Full Rating Summary