3. Celebrity Millennium
Two friends and I took a bucket list trip to Alaska that included the June 2, southbound Millennium cruise out of Seward. We were lucky enough to get an upgrade to a sky suite from a balcony cabin. The service was outstanding, as was the food in Luminae and Qsine. I was worried about the ship before the cruise based on recent reviews, but there was nothing to worry about. The ship was in good shape for it's age and the staff was very friendly. Other than the first day, elevators were not a problem. SURPRISE! The pool staff was clearing off unused loungers in the Solarium after an hour. Chair hogs were out of luck on this cruise. Loved the martini bar, Al Bacio, and suite dining. Our waitstaff in Luminae was outstanding. We also had breakfast in the buffet a few mornings and a late lunch of pasta and pizza a couple of times. I will say that I'm glad we had unlimited internet as a perk because it was worse than on any other ship I've experienced. Having a butler was a novelty but he didn't do much to impact our cruise. We had an issue with sorting out OBC between three cruisers. We tried 4 different times to resolve it - twice in Michaels and twice at Guest Services and no one was able to do it correctly. How hard is it to divide $375 by 3? We did one ship excursion - Bering Sea Crab Adventure in Ketchikan. We almost cancelled because we were pretty tired after two weeks, but we went and it was a great excursion. We saw an amazing number of bald eagles up close and personal. It was quite a thrill. Overall, we loved this cruise and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Amazing cruise

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by sweetp0618

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Celebrity Suite

Overall, we loved this cruise and would do it again in a heartbeat.
sweetp0618’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS 6129
The cabin was in good shape. I slept on the pull out couch for several nights and while not the most comfortable bed, it was fine. The cabin attendant put a duvet on top of the mattress before adding the bottom sheet and it helped a lot. There was a bit of rust on our veranda railing but it did not detract from our experience. We had a tub in our bathroom, which is a first for me except for Disney Cruise Line. We were upgraded from a standard balcony to the suite when the price dropped significantly before departure and we got all of the suite perks. I love Celebrity and will continue cruising with them based on price and itinerary.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Wildlife Tour
    This was a great excursion. Our tour guide is the leader of the tribal corporation that owns Icy Strait. He provided a great deal of local history and color. We saw a number of brown bears up close and were glad we weren't shoved into a bus on a ship's excursion. There were 7 people in a 12 person van.
    View All 64 Wildlife Tour Reviews
  • Whale Watching
    We had a great time on this tour. I would highly recommend this operator.
    View All 824 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour
    Loved it! We almost cancelled to spend the day in the solarium but it turned out to be a great excursion. The crew were funny and they told heartwarming stories about how they got involved in the industry. There was some hokey fun, too. The best part was seeing a ton of bald eagles soaring overhead. It was an amazing sight.
    View All 117 Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour Reviews
  • Kenai Fjords National Park
    We had booked the 6 hour tour but things got confused and they didn't pick us up at the cruise terminal as originally planned. We were able to take the 5 hour tour instead but we missed most of what we were hoping to see.
    View All 36 Kenai Fjords National Park Reviews