3. Majestic Princess
We have sailed on Princess 30+ times so know the features that make for a good cruise. First of all the ship is beautiful being it's new. Liked the blue carpet on one side and the red carpet on the other side indicating immediately which way to go coming off the elevators. Our room was the same as before but more than adequate. After putting our luggage away we did a tour. First thing we noticed was that the Internet Cafe was in the Library - and there were only 2 computers. I asked why only 2 computers and was told that the Chinese don't use computers. Wonder if the 10+ people standing in line knew that. Fortunately we had our own computer but it still took forever to check both of us in. Does Princess think that everyone who sails has a smart phone, I pad or computer. Maybe 5 years from now but there were a lot of frustrated people who wanted to use the internet. And looking around, the library had few books. Speaking of "The Chinese don't use computers", I heard from table guests that they were told the exercise equipment is minimal because the Chinese don't exercise. I noticed the lack of a running and walking track on the 18th deck. The area didn't go all the way around unless you opened 2 doors on 2 sides of the basketball court. Then you could make a circle. And at times the track was only wide enough for 2 people - maybe, We noticed a door that said Hollywood Pool Club. We walked past the indoor swimming pool to the Hollywood Conservatory. Surprise - thats where elite guests were allowed for drinks from 5-8 in the evening. At no time were we notified about this. I must say it wasn't a very pleasant place to sit and have a drink. The only thing going for it was the view out the front of the ship. Otherwise you sat on plastic cushions on plastic chairs with fake trees and oversize games on the floor. Green outdoor carpet was in some areas - and I noticed in several places there were large snags already. It is not a warm comfy place to have drinks prior to going out to dinner. And why no notification? Food was OK although the menu in the dining rooms seemed to be about the same off and on. Service was OK but then you had the disappearing waiter. We weren't impressed with the food in the World Market Place. I know they are catering to the Asian market but I wondered a lot trying to find food I liked - other than salads. We always ate our breakfast out on the Wave View area but 99% of the time we had to get our own juice. And the coffee machine didn't work so coffee was delayed. The last week the ice machine out there was broken. Noticed the nice comfy furniture was missing from that area. Is it still coming? Ate at the Crown Grill one evening. My steak was very good but my husband said his steak was so so. Potatoes were different tasting. The music that was coming in on the PA system didn't make for a pleasant dinner. - very loud and high pitched singing. Did enjoy dinner at Alfredo's a couple of nights. Had a very good waitress. Ate several lunches from the International Cafe. My husband said he liked that best because he found he didn't eat so much. Of course we still had to have our dessert. Missed our stop into Messina because of high winds - Captain said 60 knots. But the ship felt very stable. I went up to the Wave View area - one side was protected from the winds - but the next thing I saw and heard was plastic glasses blowing all over the deck and then I heard a big bang. Part of the ceiling came down on the other side and a piece flew off the ship. I left right away! Was looking forward to Mt Etna. Entertainment was so so. The "fantastic" show was a sensory overload event and talked to a few people who didn't enjoy it either. As I have said MANY times, we are not all hard of hearing! The shopping area was huge with very high end shops. The cosmetic/fragrance shop was twice as big as Regal and Royal. I didn't like it though when I just wanted to walk around and look and I was always asked if I need help. Otherwise I didn't feel like there was much shopping that interested me. And one of the "fun" things I always do, is enjoy a few turns on the slot machines. There were none of the "older" type slots so I walked away and didn't spend a dime - well a lot more really. The TV reception in our room was the best of all our cruises. Just wish they would give us CNN again. And the Movie Under the Stars screen had top resolution. Would we go on the Majestic again? I suppose if it was the only ship having the itinerary I wanted to go on. One of our waiters even told us he couldn't wait to get off this ship. We have sailed on Princess in the Asian market and it was very enjoyable. This didn't do much for us.

Beautiful New Ship BUT..........................

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by Cruise XYZ

PrincessCruises3, Social Team, Princess Cruises has responded
Hi CruiseXYZ, thanks for your feedback regarding your recent Majestic Princess voyage. We deeply regret that our new ship did not meet expectations, as we strive to provide a top-notch vacation for all of our guests, every time. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you aboard again!
Cruise XYZ’s Full Rating Summary