Disappointed: Carnival Magic Cruise Review by sunnyshine579

3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Disappointed

Sail Date: April 2017
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
This is my 8th cruise and while we still had a good time it was the worst cruise I've been on. I'll start with the good. DR. E!!!! The absolute best cruise director ever. He should be famous! He is so great at his job. He was definitely the highlight of our trip! Churi at the coffee shop was fantastic. So sweet and remembered our drink every morning without fail. Boonthip in the piano bar was also amazing. She was the sweetest and friendliest person we talked to all week. She got teary at the end of the week when it was time to say goodbye. I saw her making 8 drinks at once by herself. She is awesome!!

The worst part of the trip was the food. What has happened to the food on carnival? The dining room food was just not good at all. All 13 people in our group was disappointed in the food. The buffet was not good either. The dining room is always a fun and exciting part of a cruise and we felt like our servers didn't want to be there and didn't want us to be there either. Such a More bummer. I know they work hard but they were not personable at all and it made a difference.

Our room attendant John was great. Always friendly and on top of things. The ship is pretty good. We have no complaints except THE SMOKE. I don't understand why they don't have a better system for the smoking on this ship. It's so overpowering we got sore throats from just being in the areas around the casino. The fun trivia games are beside the casino and we could only sit there so long because the smoke is soooo strong. Nasty.

I don't think we will sail with Carnival again any time soon. The cutbacks are obvious and it's just not worth it after you've looked forward to a vacation for so long.

The activities we did off the ship however were our favorite we've ever done!! In Cozumel we made reservations with Mr. Sanchos. Such a great day! The food was good and the drinks we're never ending! Nice beach area too!

Belize we did the cave tubing thru trip advisor and it was the most amazing excursion ever! Andioni and Yoney were amazing and made the whole experience perfect!! I would recommend the cave tubing in a heart beat!!

Roatan we went with Daniel Johnsons monkey and sloth hangout. SO MUCH FUN!! Our guide Patrick was very patient with us and knew lots about all the animals. He was super adorable too ;)

Debarkation was the worst I've ever experienced too. I guess they called too many people at once because we were all crammed into the stairways and hallways just standing around with our luggage forever. People coming off the elevators were cutting line because they had no where else to go. Such a mess.

We had a good time but I wouldn't recommend this ship. I hate to say that and give negative reviews but it is what it is! Less

Published 05/15/17

Cabin review: 7402

Cave-Tubing Adventure

We found them on trip advisor and are SO glad we did! This was the best excursion we've ever been on in 8 cruises! Andioni and Yoney were amazing guides and made the whole experience perfect! Was definitely worth the money! The meal at the end of the trip was great! Nice clean place to eat and it was all you could eat! We would do this again in a heartbeat!! Those guys were so knowledgeable we loved listening to them tell us about their land! DO IT!!

Private Resort Day Pass

All inclusive food, drinks, pool and beach. So worth it! All13 people in our group had a great day! The kids loved the virgin drinks and the food! We would definitely come here again if we were back in Cozumel!

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

3 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X