Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Nothing Serene about Serenity Deck

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by redsoxforlife

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

This was a girls trip for Spring Break, a much anticipated week of relaxation away from work and our husbands. Unfortunately, Carnival did not deliver.

*Carnival HUB Chat didn't work most of the week

*Several areas of the ship smelled like sewer consistently

*Never once saw the Taste Bar open

*Bars were not consistent with drinks; you could order the same drink and get it in a different size glass depending on which bar you went to. (we had purchased CHEERS)

*Repairs were being done while we were in Port; loud machines all over the ship no matter which deck we layed out on; one of the hot tubs covered in Serenity so only one available. Nothing Serene about Serenity while in Cozumel or Costa Maya, I can assure you.

*While in Cozumel, the main pool was drained and repaired and painted so it was closed all day and night! We were looking forward to using the slide that day while most of the kids were off the boat, unfortunately, it wasn't open.

*hot tubs were not hot in Serenity

*5 minutes in between drinks (CHEERS); I understand in between alcoholic beverages, but what I don't understand is why you can't get an alcoholic beverage and a water at the same time?

*Why only large bottles of water in the dining room? (CHEERS)

*Pool bar on the side where the towels are was closed most of the week. When it was open, very poor service. The pool bar on the other side was excellent.

*Attire in the dining room was appaling. What is the point of having a dress code if it isn't enforced? We made a point to dress appropriately only to show up and see guests in gym shorts, tshirts, ball caps, tank tops, and sweatpants. Unacceptable.

*Spa-2 announcements made while trying to enjoy a massage. When we inquired about it, we were told announcements aren't supposed to be made in the Spa. Well, how am I supposed to relax and enjoy my massage when I keep getting interrupted?

*Talking with other guests, we discovered different credits were issued for the changed itinerary? Everyone was not issued the same amount?

*We bought Faster to Fun, when we boarded we went right to the bar. We were told we couldn't get a drink because the system was down. After checking into our room, which was ready, we decided to check with Guest Services. They were able to see we purchased CHEERS and put the sticker on our card so we could get our drinks. We were told the bar should have just served us and they could have adjusted our bill later.

*Food was below par, with the exception of the Chocolate Melting Cake.

*Julius and Imade our waiters were wonderful!

This wasn't my first cruise with Carnival and I've cruised with Royal Caribbean before as well. I can tell you there won't be another Carnival cruise in my future unless it's free. I was extremely disappointed in a vacation I had looked forward to for so long. How on earth are you able to relax when crew members are sanding, drilling, etc.? It is absolutely unacceptable.

Shame on you Carnival, I work too hard for my money and my vacations are dear to me.

redsoxforlife's Full Rating Summary

Only 1 outlet; website stated there was a hair dryer, there wasn't but we were able to get one from guest services. There were 3 adult ladies and we felt there was a good amount of room, we weren't bumping into each other all the time.

redsoxforlife