3. Carnival Breeze
My 2 sons (12 and 14) travelled on the Breeze March 26. This is my 14th cruise (10 with Carnival) and my sons’ 9th cruise (8 with Carnival). We loved this ship and the entire experience. The downfall for us travelling out of Galveston is that we have to fly (from Canada) and IAH is so far from the port. We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise in Webster Texas just a few blocks away from Johnson Space Centre. Uber seemed like the most economical option (plus I like taking Uber). It cost $45 to get from IAH to our hotel and then $41 to get to the pier on Sunday. You cannot take Uber from Galveston so we opted for the cruise coach bus back to the airport which cost $150. Embarkation went smoothly but we had faster to the fun which would have expedited the process. The ship was clean. I see so many reviews and people taking on facebook that said the ship was dirty. The ship had 4538 passengers and there are not 4538 crew members following us around at every moment to clean up after everyone. The whole time I was on the ship, you didn’t have to walk far to see a crew member wiping down something. They try very hard to keep that ship clean. This is the first time we chose an aft balcony. We were in cabin 9477. OMG! I loved the aft balcony. Cabin 9477’s balcony is also about 4 feet wider than the ones in the middle because it extends a bit further to the wrap around balcony on the side. What I loved about this balcony is the fact that there was no wind. When I have been on open deck at night or a regular side balcony, it gets so windy. I could sit out at night and relax on the aft as it was so calm and peaceful. The only downside to this room is that you can hear some deck scraping from the lounge chairs above. They stack them at night between 9-10pm to clean the deck. I preferred the 9th floor though versus the aft balconies after as I prefer the shade. Well worth the extra money and I have already reserved my aft cabin for 2018 on the Splendor as I don’t want to miss out on that balcony. The food was very good. The main dining room’s food quality and selection was excellent. There was only one appetizer that I didn’t enjoy but that was more preference than quality. We had YTD and the restaurant was never busy at 5:45 when they opened. We requested to sit in Lala’s section as she was fantastic and really made our cruise for us. I love the Tandoor restaurant at the back of the ship. I could have ate lunch there almost every day. The only disappointment on this cruise was the lineup for breakfast in the main dining room. We really don’t prefer eating breakfast on the lido. We like the MDR for regular breakfast and also for the seaday brunch. What I learned was that everyone else on the ship had the same preference as us. We only waited in the line once and after that opted to eat breakfast on the lido. On past cruises, it was almost like our little secret to go to the dining room for breakfast but now apparently the secret is out…LOL. I will say though that there was never a lineup for breakfast on the lido. My breakfast typically consisted of a piece of French toast, a little bacon and a bowl of grapefruit and it was very good. My sons both loved Circle C. They had an excellent program for youth and my sons made some wonderful new friends. The ports were ok. We have been to most ports now and other than a few select ports, we like to stay on the ship. I was most looking forward to seeing Key West as I have never been there before, however, once we got off the ship the town was so busy because we were one of two ships, we walked around for a bit then returned to the ship. We actually LOVE being on the ship in port days. It is so quiet and enjoyable. Debarkation was also easy (fast to the fun) as we were off the ship by 9am and on our way back to the airport.

Very Enjoyable