3. Carnival Breeze
This was my third cruise, and I (39-year-old woman) traveled with my 8-year-old daughter (her first) and my parents who are in their late 60s (their fourth cruise). My mother has mobility issues and has a scooter, and I have to say that I was very, very impressed with all of the assistance they provided her. Embarkation and debarkation were very fast because we got to go through the special lines. During the dining room, etc, everyone was always helpful and friendly and attentive to her. I looked and looked for the "bad" things that others have said about this cruise. Crowded? Yes, in places, but I didn't find anything terrible to ruin my cruise. Bad food? No way! The dining room food was simply delicious, and the few dishes that weren't to my liking didn't hinder my experience whatsoever. The Lido buffet was very good--I found a few of the desserts to be bland, but there was always something else to try. Nothing to do? By no means! I kept missing things I wanted to do because there were often 2 things going at the same time. Dirty? Not while I was there--everything was spotless and constantly being cleaned, which was nice The service was OUTSTANDING on this cruise. We had the best waiters in the dining room, and everyone I spoke to was serviceable and friendly. My room steward was just fine, but he wasn't the best I've ever had. It certainly didn't detract from my experience, though. My daughter loved Camp Ocean and the counselors were very good. I witnessed my daughter having a meltdown as I came to pick her up (she didn't know I was watching), and saw the counselor pull her aside and calm her down. I was very impressed with how she handled the situation, and I'm glad they have this as an option on board. It certainly gave me a break from her when I needed it! . A few issues--it can get CHILLY inside of the boat in places, so bring a sweater or sweatshirt. I wasn't THAT impressed with the singers/dancers in the evening shows. The magician was pretty good, though. The guy at the piano bar was good. My parents went to hear several of the comedians and they really liked them (the PG version). Also, this boat moved more than any other I've ever been on. The last 3 days the movement was constant. LUCKILY I no longer get seasick (what a pleasant surprise!) but if you do have issues, this might not have been the cruise for you. Also, Thrill Theater was fun but not too special, and if you don't get there early you won't get to see the show. I only did it for my daughter, but for adults I'd skip it. Ports--we did the Turtle Farm Excursion in Grand Cayman, and it was VERY good for the money I spent. Very worth it. Cozumel---we did a Discover Mexico tour at a little park. It was cheap and my mother could go in her scooter, which is why we did it. It was just fine, but nothing fantastic. Great gift shop, good information if you like history, but I wouldn't do it again. All in all, a wonderful trip. My father is already planning another cruise for him and my mother, and my daughter is pestering me for our next one!

A great time!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by E_onthego

E_onthego’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8309
This cabin was very nice, no issues. It was a little rocky, but I'm not sure if the whole boat felt that way on this cruise. Plenty of storage space, plenty of room for 2 people, nice balcony. It is an adjoining room and connected to the next door room (8305) with my parents, which was very nice.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins