3. Carnival Miracle
I have to say Carnival Miracle was a good experience, however, there were so many things that my husband and I did not expect, we are not sure if we would book a cruise again. The day of travel leaving from Long Beach California my husband and I had traveled a long way, and so wanted to have a little snooze. As soon as we laid down we heard a plethora of running foots steps obviously from a young child, jumping off what we thought was the bed onto the floor, and the metal on metal sound of the deck chairs being pushed around. The noise was non stop making us think the kid must have been on a sugar high or something. We waited for 15 to 20 minutes for the kid to run out of energy, but he or she did not. Finally I called our room steward. He said he would take care of it, but a half hour later the kid was still going spastic. Finally I called guest services and with in five minutes there was no more noise. We did hear the kid thumping every once in a while through out the cruise, but no where near as much. The art work on the ship was exquisite. Our steward greeted us by using our first name everyday and cleaned our room for us making our bed up with clean sheets every day, and left a folded towel display that was different every day which was a real treat to look forward to. I am claustrophobic and hate elevators, but the ships elevators were so roomy and worked without any glitches I felt just fine using them. The multiple food items looked fantastic, but sadly were not very good. The fruit was flavorless, the drinks in the dispensers tasted watered down so much it was like tasting lightly flavored water. The coffee was so strong we had to add hot water to it. The chocolate milk had good flavor but was grey in color when poured into a drinking cup. The pork roasts were full of fat and were so tough they were hard to chew. One time we decided to have some sub sandwiches made for us. The gentlemen making them did not understand English very well and made both our sandwiches the same. They ran out of mayo while making our sandwiches and when another man came back out of the kitchen with a fresh bottle, they just poured the fresh mayo into the same stainless steel container. Clearly there was little understanding of what safe handling of food was. I realized that we were not the only ones dissatisfied with the food. So much food was wasted everyday, enough to feed double the amount of people on board, if not more. The food in the restaurants were not much better, and what was good was served in very small portions. We had the unfortunate opportunity to have had the same waiter twice. He was absolutely horrible, could barely speak English, and brought our main course with out clearing our appetizer plates first. I ordered a hot drink that came after my dinner was served, and it was cold. And this waiter received a share of the 15% gratuity I feel we were forced to pay. There were two waiters, however, who did give us fantastic service and gave us a free dessert which normally had to be purchased because we celebrating our honeymoon. The photography company on board, Pixels, captured wonderful pictures of us with the best quality of photos I have ever seen. The one real down side was the smoking, especially in the casino. I believe smokers went to the casino instead of going outside because it was a bit breezy during that sailing and much warmer inside. We avoided going anywhere near it, but the smoke eventually filled the entire ship. The onstage entertainment was disappointing. The singers were clearly lip sinking and the very first act was actually a work out session? The comedians were ok, but it seemed they were having a competition with each other to see who could swear the most. Our fist excursion was snorkeling in cabo san lucas. It was amazing. Hannah and Jose showed us around the sea of Cortez then Hannah told us that Hump Backed Whales were still hanging around and found two of them for us. The whales swam so close to our boat on their own. We were all amazed. Then the first site we went to snorkel we found thousands of fish that were so many different colors. They came very close to us but never touched us. The second site of the coral reef was not so great though. But I would do it again because everything else was so great. The second excursion "Land and sea" in Mazatlan was a complete waste of time and money. We did arrive late in Mazatlan due to fog, but our tour guide was only out for money. We were supposed to have time for shopping but we did not. We were supposed to look at a sea market, instead the tour guide jumped out of the bus, grabbed a giant prawn, showed it to us, jumped back out to return the shell fish and proceeded to wipe his hands on his clothes. The restaurant we were scheduled to go for lunch at was completely unprepared for our arrival and it took an hour for us to get our food. The cliff diving was a joke. We arrived to find a 12 year old boy who was most likely skipping school to dive off of a tall pillar on the beach into the ocean. I would not recommend this excursion to anyone. Plus we thought we had to wait until we arrived home to call carnival to complain and were told we should have went to the excursion desk on board the ship immediately after to make a complaint. Also, we were told we would not be receiving any refunds. We did not schedule an excursion in Puerto Vallarta. Instead we caught a city bus to the city center. We purchased many items and had a very good time. We had lunch at a small cafe that made the best guacamole we have ever tasted. When we grew tired, we saw a city bus that was heading to Wal Mart. Wal mart was right across the highway from the ship yard, and so for 20 pesos about 15 cents we returned back to the ship. The locals were fantastic, and one very nice Mexican man let us know which bus stop to get off at. We of coarse shopped at Wal Mart too and bought some very nice short sleeved dress shirts for about $3.00 each. The final two days at sea were very windy. I became extremely sea sick and did not have much of an appetite. Good thing i guess as most of the food was terrible anyway. I do feel though that we were pampered. The staff was mostly wonderful. I feel though that for what we got out of it, it was not worth the amount we paid.

Left feeling pampered, but not worth the amount of money.

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Olderhoneymooners

Olderhoneymooners’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

The cabin was clean and no mold anywhere. A flat screen tv was a nice plus, which we used to watch a couple of movies. The shower was great with tons of hot water. Plenty of room for husband I to store our things everywhere. The twin beds made into a king a very comfortable. We hardly used the deck though, and if we cruise again we just get a sea view. The air condition was full blast and the weather was unseasonably cold outside. So we were very cold in the room even though we turned the thermostat to maximum heat. Two down comforters were provided and we used them every night. The fridge kept our beverages nice and cold. The light switch beside the bed was very handy.
  Carnival Miracle Deck Plans