3. Navigator of the Seas
We had sailed on Navigator of the seas, (NOS), back in 2003, 2004 and 2006 and as newer and larger ships came out we gravitated toward them. I found that a nine night trip had opened that left out of Miami and went to Labadee, (RCCL's private island), Curacao, Oranjestad, and Bonaire. Except for Labadee, theses were places we had not been to in many years. We booked the Royal Suite so embarkation was really fast, The Concierge had offered to greet us and escort us to the room, but I declined as the room was a surprise for my wife. The ship had been redone in 2014 so there were many improvements such as Sabor and izumi restaurants, digital locators, new carpet, new store fronts, pool area and more. It was like being on a new ship and very clean. All the staff and crew we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. I suppose I am being a hypocrite to lodge a complaint about all the people who live for nothing better than to find things to whine and complain about. It's a cruise folks, and there are thousands of people the ship is trying to accommodate and I think they do a good job and also for all of the thousands of meals that they prepare, I find it so hard to believe there are those who can't find anything they like - what do you eat at home that they don't have? The following are actual things people were upset about and couldn't seem to get over: Too much ice in the drinks, not enough ice in the drinks, elevators too crowded, elevators too slow, ship too hot, ship too cold, no where to sit in Windjammer, (solve this issue by getting up an hour earlier - no one is there), lines to long to get off the ship and on and on. But my personal favorite was a small group in the elevator just getting back on the ship that were complaining about Labadee, (the private island noted for beaches and water) was too sandy. Ridiculous. For all of you that were sooo miserable that you will never sail on RCCL again - I thank you - and I'm sure the staff and crew feel the same. You're not being there will make it much more enjoyable for the rest of us. We went to Chops a couple of nights which is a specialty restaurant that they charge extra for. The food and service was outstanding. Food in the Windjammer was hot and fresh and even prepared eggs to order for breakfast. The main dining room food was served hot and the servers were very attentive and always had a smile. I think the quality is very good considering the volume of meals they serve. I enjoy going to the shows, while my wife is happier donating to the casino. I found all the shows entertaining and am always amazed that the production show singers and dancers can do all that they do on a ship that is constantly moving with out falling. This is especially true of the ice show - they do some amazing things on a moving ship and on a small ice rink. I also enjoyed watching the football games on the big screen out on the pool deck - very relaxing. My wife had a fall on the ship and unfortunately was in a wheel chair for most of the trip so we did not get off in Labadee. We had a nice day on the boat where we had it mostly to ourselves. I was able to push her around in the other ports that had shops close to the ship so we could get our souvenirs and stop in a couple of places to have a drink and some snacks. We will try to book this trip again sometime and explore a little further out. It was still all good as the weather was great for the whole trip. Was every aspect of the trip perfect - no, but I choose to focus on the 99.9% of the trip that was great rather than dwell on the one or two things that weren't. We have never been on another cruise line other than RCCL since 1996 and will continue to do so as we look forward to the next cruise on Harmony of the Seas in May of 2017.

An Old Friend Revisited

ulcruz2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Royal Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin RS 1620
There is only one Royal Suite on this ship and, of course, it is wonderful. It is equal to two owners suites, three grand suites, four junior suites or six balcony rooms. The master bedroom is equal to two balcony rooms. The master bath has a whirlpool tub with massage jets, dual shower heads in the shower, and dual sinks. There is a second bathroom just left of the main entrance with a shower. The big attraction is the piano which is a nice touch. The balcony on this RS was a bit smaller than the one we had on Independence of the Seas. Indy had a hot tub on the balcony which was great for sitting outside and watching the world go by. I think this is the only ship of its class that doesn't have the hot tub - but I doubt too many will feel sorry for us. It was a great way to enjoy the nine night cruise and of course, there are a lot of perks that go with it.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins