3. Caribbean Princess
I purchased air travel with Princess and had transfers to the pier on the day of the departure. Everything was very smooth. The only thing I didn't like was the amount of time we had to wait at the airport prior to going to the terminal. Add that on to the time we spent waiting once we got to the terminal and it totaled well over 8 hours of waiting. But once we got on the ship everything was very smooth. There was a hiccup with my internet that had been purchased before the cruise. I had to go to the internet cafe for them to fix the issue. But once it was fixed the internet was pretty typical for a cruise ship. The cabin was good and the steward was fantastic. We had early dining and the waiters that served our table were good for the cruise. We never really created a bond with them. But the food was great and they went out of their way to serve us. So not really any complaints. The entertainment on this ship was top notch and we went to almost every show. The ship itself was fantastic. Never had a problem finding a seat on the Lido deck when we ate there. We loved sea days on this cruise and the ship was very comfortable. You could be where all the action was but you could also be in a quiet place if you just wanted to relax or read a book. The activities were typical for a cruise. The interaction I had with guest services wasn't very frequent but they seemed to just be doing their job. I sensed that they thought they were doing me a favor to take care of my needs. But I wrote that off as just not being adequately trained to make sure their guests felt special. The stops we had on this cruise were great. I booked all of my excursions through the cruise ship on this cruise. (Something I don't always do.) They were very good, fun, and informative. The real issue I had with this cruise was the flight home. I had booked this cruise about a year in advance and booked the travel as soon as I could. I went through the motions of getting seats together so that my wife and I could sit together on the way home. But when our tickets were delivered to our stateroom I noticed that all the tickets were middle seats and not even close together. They were all about 10 rows apart. I tried to get them together when I got to the airport. I was able to sit together on the first leg. The seats were the last row on the ship. The other leg we couldn't get anything changed and had to sit in the middle seat. That's not very cool for tickets we had purchased about nine months before the cruise. I talked to the airline about this and they indicated that the seats weren't even reserved until two days before the cruise. Princess really fell down in this instance. Overall, the cruise was great. I will cruise with Princess again. In fact I have booked a 22 day cruise for March of 2018 with Princess.

Cruising the Panama Canal with Princess

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by georgemajors

The entertainment on this ship was top notch and we went to almost every show.

georgemajors’s Full Rating Summary