3. Carnival Valor
Well we are seasoned cruisers that have taken cruises on several cruise lines Carnival among them.... I will start with that the Cabin 7347 Balcony was good, clean what you can expect lots of storage...no real issues...The Valor itself was clean, in good condition. The cabin service was outstanding...our cabin attendant made us feel at home and very friendly.....Now a little back ground on our Cruise We were informed that our 4 day was cut to 3 days to allow for Carnival to move the ship to Texas. This was an issue for me since my vacation time at work is not flexable, i had to use it by a set date or lose the time...So I did not have the choice to cancel and reschedule. So we thought to make the best of what i had. Embarkation was good very fast we were on the Boat in 45 minutes. Now once on the ship we headed to the Lido Deck for Lunch. This is when I noticed the beginning of a spiral downward trend on Quality and Service. Food on the Lido Deck was poor quality, greasy,leftovers thrown together. Every day the food was the same they just changed the title. Breakfast was the same greasy, always the same menu, and the quality was very poor. Milk served had expire date within 1 day....bread was hard as a rock could not cut or bite it The Deli Turkey sandwich was not eatable because the bread was stone hard, And if that wasn't bad enough you had to wait in line for 30 minutes to get this. So you wait 30 minutes to get bacon, cereal, lunch meat, cheese, pancakes, milk, grits and then you decide you want an omellette well get in line because thats another 30-45 min wait in a seperate line. Maybe you just want pastry get in the same line...either way your going to wait 30 minutes or more to eat. below par food. Lunch was the same repeat wait then pick your gruel....Mongolian Wock every day of mismash of leftover reserved. Now other choices were Mexican Bar - was ok if thats what you like every day Guys Burger Joint = Burgers good - still greasy - but the best food for choices - low point to them - the shop rags they are using as napkins. and no this is not me being funny. They are using automotive shop rags as napkins. We owned several auto shops and we used these rags for years. They can be purchased at any Harbor Freight. The rags have an oil/gas smell to them and this does not fade away in the wash. They are a very rough fabric and putting this to my face made me sick to smell when i was eating. Pizza= no way, we were served a flour tortia with a brush of sauce and cheese hardened in the oven burnt black....yuck Dinning room = was ok not great, we were served poor quality meats, had to cut prime rib and briskette with knives to eat...too tough, steak tough, deserts were few in choice and nothing specail..cake, ice cream, cheese plate, fruit plate. overall warm and nothing I would pay to go out for. The Dinners were scaled back I believe because they did not restock for this cruise they were leaving for Texas and we were served what was leftover from the previous cruise. Enterainment was ok two shows singing and dancing, one comedy show. Activities: Trivia events, sing alongs, not much...Daily paper is one page listing eating times, etc Pools were open only one day, slide was not opened , no real deck activites . Ports were good - that was the only real good part of the cruise...getting off the ship extreme nightmare- cattle round up- hundreds of people pushed into small area all trying to get off just think of yourself as a grain of rice being poured into a container with the use of a small funnel....special needs individauls were subjected to this as well. there was no attention given to their needs and safety, I know this 1st hand since my handicap mom was with me and she was being trampled in the mass. Will we ever trust Carnival again....NO.... Buyer Beware.... its your hard earned money and time...I would rather spend my time having FUN , GOOD FOOD, with GOOD FRIENDS......TEXAS you are Welcome to the Valor....it does not live up to its name....

Buyer Beware

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by CRICKET07

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Now other choices were Mexican Bar - was ok if thats what you like every day

Enterainment was ok two shows singing and dancing, one comedy show.

Pools were open only one day, slide was not opened , no real deck activites .

CRICKET07’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 7347
good shape, clean, lots of storage, door very narrow, room is smaller than listed. ok for 2 people. Not good for person with scooter or wheel chair. Balcony door very heavy hard to open. Safe in room tricky sometimes it locks you out.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins