3. Norwegian Jade
This was a last-minute deal/decision. After having a AWFUL experience on NCL in 2008 we'd sworn never to use them again. Change a leadership and some good reviews recently prompted us to give them one more try. Unfortunately it wasn't much better. We had constant...CONSTANT communication problems. While all cruise lines have staff from many nations, never have we had issues communicating in English. The service quality is still extremely poor/inattentive, and their dining room menus (not specialty, but main dining) have several items with upcharges...something I've never seen on any other line. Food quality was ok, but as mentioned earlier, service was poor. The saving grace that pulled my rating up was our room. We had a mini-suite in the "Haven". The room was spacious and well-kept, and our room steward Benjamin did a great job taking care of us. Last trip we were not in a suite and room steward service was all but non-existent. I don't know if it's truly improved overall, or if it was because we paid a premium for the suite. On check out we were planning to do early walk-off, but our final bill...which didn't come until sometime after 11pm...had an error. We spent almost an hour at the credit desk trying to get a $128 charge removed. Consistent with the rest of the trip, the person manning that desk spoke little English and she and her supervisor both made very little attempt to communicate anything. We ended up in a massive pile up of people and didn't get off the ship until an hour and a half after we left our cabin. I believe I'll stick with Holland America Line and Celebrity...the two cruise lines where the service quality met a higher standard.

Improved Rating due to a nice room.

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by imjustron

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

Food quality was ok, but as mentioned earlier, service was poor.

imjustron’s Full Rating Summary