3. Carnival Breeze
My husband and I have been on a lot of different Carnival ships - from small to large, old to new. However, this was our first time cruising out of Galveston. Ship: The Breeze itself is a nice ship. We stayed in a spa balcony cabin which was very nice. I loved the muted colors and decor. And, I enjoyed the spa perks. Embarkation: The terminal was crowded and loud and embarkation did not start until around noon. Once we got on the ship, we were able to go straight to our room (as my husband is platinum). Dining: We had the Your Time Dining option. There was never a wait for a table; but the service itself took forever. There were several nights that we sat there for 15-20 minutes before they even took our order. It had been several years since we cruised with Carnival. And, it seemed like the food has gone downhill since then. There were a few good items - I loved the corn meal crusted chicken and the mushroom cream pasta (I forgot the official name). But, we weren't impressed with the menu in general. Entertainment and Activities: They had a ton of trivia, bingo, and other games during the day. We enjoyed the Thrill Theater. But, we had to wait for about 30 minutes while they were fixing it. Evidently, the system goes down when they make overhead announcements. It had broken down the day before we went, as well. Overall, it was just an average cruise. We had a good time; but noticed that the service and food (especially) are not as good as the last time we cruised with Carnival. After this experience, I think we'll start looking around at other cruise lines.

Just OK.