• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Shewie403
10+ Cruises

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: AquaClass 2

We chose this cruise for the itinerary and for the cruise line. Istanbul was removed early on, which saddened me, but I understood and agreed with the decision.

Pros - The Celebrity Line, with loyalty benefits and pick your perk. Fantastic!

Beautiful, modern ship.

AquaClass 2

Cabin A2

This was our first Aquaclass room. We've previously booked Concierge class and there was really no improvement except use of the Persian Garden (although we couldn't always use the tile lounger; too many users at times). We also had the opportunity to eat at Blu, but it wasn't any improvement to the main dining room.

Port Reviews

Rome (Civitavecchia)

We saw the Vatican, the Colliseum, a walking tour through the heart of Rome and did an Eco tout in a golf cart through Viator. All the tours were great and the walking tour was free! We spent a few days there pre-cruise and really enjoyed it!

Santorini

We chose to take the gondola up from the port. The town was clean and interesting. However, when we started to go back to the ship, the gondola line was several hours long. (We talked to someone who had been waiting an hour and he was still an hour from the front of the line. The line stretched significantly behind him.) As it was getting late we chose to walk down the donkey path. I was wearing flip flops and donkeys poop on the path. It is cobblestone and has missing stones. It slopes down. It was getting dark and I slipped on the path and rolled my ankle. All this to say wear proper footwear!

Mykonos

The ship had free shuttles to town. We walked to a windmill. Great shopping. Nice and clean.

Bodrum

Clean. It was a fairly long walk to any shopping. The beach was rocky and the water was a bit brisk.

5 Helpful Votes