• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Disney Magic Review

Editor Rating
20 Awards

Disney Magic - Canada New England Cruise - A Magical Must-Do.

Review for Disney Magic to Canada & New England
Inspectorman74
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Traveled with children

This was my family's first Disney Cruise. (2 kids - 10 & 8 year old) We sailed from New York's Manhattan Cruise Terminal (parked our car there - no problem, easy and convenient. It was $200 for the 5 nights). Check in was easy. We were on board within one hour of our scheduled check-in time and immediately had lunch at Cabanas, then started exploring the ship until the sail away party started.

Our state room was 2508 (a porthole room on deck 2 forward) and it was perfect for us. The kids had bunk beds and my wife and I had a queen size bed. The stateroom was well appointed, our hostess was awesome making the room perfect each morning and again at turn down. The split toilet rooms is such a great idea. My only complaint on this particular room is with it being forward, you really feel the rocking when the ship books full speed in the evening. Nobody got sick but I did start to feel a little uneasy one night but 20 minutes on deck 4 getting some fresh air helped clear that up.

Our port adventures were set up through DCL and were great. We did the St. Martin / Bay of Fundy expedition at St. John's and the Peggy's Cove / Titanic Cemetery at Halifax - Both were great and well organized. The bus ride for both was comfortable and the tour guides were pleasant and well informed. We lucked out with Sunny mid 50 to 60 degree days. We started with sweat shirts which ended up around our waist later in the day.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom