3. Disney Magic
To start, I have cruised DCL before and it was excellent. I have been to WDW yearly since I could afford it and I will continue to do so, I have never experienced any issues at WDW and the service and experience has always been faultless. It is with regret when I say the same cannot be afforded to DCL. It is even more so, in the response to my complaints that I felt even more let down and disregarded as a customer, to the point that I will never sail DCL again. To summarise, we had a rough crossing - no fault of staff whatsoever. There is nothing that can be done to help this, I understand that. The concern I had above all else was the lack of communication of this weather from the bridge, to staff, and finally to guests. There was a point in our crossing, a particularly rough night, a lot of passengers were sick and scared - not a single member of staff crew had had any communication from the bridge. They would literally say 'I don't know, they aren't telling us anything'. They did not know what was happening nor could they tell us what to expect. Weather is unpredictable, I get that but this to me was a real concern - it made me feel like there was something being kept from guests, as well as staff about the safety of the crossing. This may not have been the case but communication was incredibly poor and in turn made me lose faith in DCL as a safe vacation option. In reporting this back I have had zero explanation from DCL, not even an understanding of my concern I have simply been told 'We can't help the weather' -completely misunderstanding my complaint entirely and basically told to go away, we aren't going to do anything further about this. Safety of my family is my main concern when travelling and for this reason alone I will never sail DCL again. This cruise was a stark contrast to the quality of service experienced in both WDW and our previous DCL cruise, including food quality, staff competence and attentiveness. Of course, there were exceptions and we did meet some excellent staff, but this was greatly overshadowed by the disappointing service in other areas - again a concern which was never addressed. This was our honeymoon cruise with a 1 year old baby - understandably this type of gesture is never guaranteed but our honeymoon was never recognised by any staff and we did not receive any of the Disney 'magic' I had experienced so much of in WDW such as badges, congratulations etc. We got married at WDW just prior to the cruise and the contrast was such a bump back down to earth, we had hoped for the opposite after getting married! As I said there were positives, but the safety of my family cannot be something I ignore and the response I received from DCL to my concerns was quite frankly shocking and a customer service response I have never, ever encountered before - my concerns were literally ignored, or changed into something I had not actually said, misunderstood and trivialised - not that I have had to complain often!! So sorry DCL, I will be choosing RCL next time.

Disappointing after many great experiences

Disney Magic Cruise Review by strawberrybon

So sorry DCL, I will be choosing RCL next time.
strawberrybon’s Full Rating Summary