Viking Mekong Cruise Review

So much more than I anticipated!

Viking Mekong Cruise Review by mjfarsje

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: Asia River
  • Cabin Type: undefined

I am interested in history, current culture and architecture. I was able to experience all on this cruise. The guides were locals and extremely knowledgeable. The tours of different areas were small so that you could ask questions as you went along.

The boat was small and intimate. You get to know everyone on the cruise. That was great because the other passengers were from all over the world. The staff was fantastic. Because on the smallness of the boat, they were able to anticipate your needs.

The hotels when we were not on the boat were beautiful and really captured the area we were in.

My only complaint about the trip has nothing to do with the actual cruise. The travel service was not helpful at all. We got our itinerary very late which made it hard to arrange work coverage. Our flight was cancelled and they did not help at all with different options. We spent 13 hours in the Philadelphia airport. Our luggage was lost for almost 1/2 of the trip. Again, no help. The hotels and our guides did most of the work. We did not want to spend our vacation hunting down our luggage. That was not the purpose of our trip.

My whole purpose of travel is to learn. I learned so much on this cruise.

mjfarsje's Full Rating Summary

Cabin standard 310

Let's face it, you are only there to sleep, shower and change clothes. We were kept busy most of the time. For the type of boat, it was fine. The outside deck was perfect for relaxing.

mjfarsje