3. Viking Mekong
This was our seventh Viking river cruise and 4 months later we still say it was our best ever. We started in Ho Chi Min City, ended in Hanoi and included the Ha Long Bay extension. All the hotels were excellent but we really loved the Hanoi Metropole. We know to expect a perfect balance of comfort, good food and culture with Viking but the people we met on this trip made this a unique experience. I have to mention our excellent programme director, Henry and also Ut who accompanied us to Ha Long Bay. They worked brilliantly together. I can't mention individuals without mentioning the Cambodian guides we had, Mao, Sky and Sim. We really felt we were learning about their culture and way of life. All excursions were included and all added something different. I lost count of the number of different means of transport we used. The optional excursion to the Viking sponsored school was a highlight for us. Not many people went on this because it was a very hot day and we had had a busy morning but I highly recommend it. The children showed us around their school and village. The cabins are not as well-designed as the European ones. The boat is also smaller but this meant we got to know the mainly Cambodian crew really well, adding to the cultural experience. I could go into a lot more detail but I would find it difficult to know where to stop. It is all good. If you like Viking (we have already booked our 2018 river cruise with them) or if you are thinking of this holiday then just book it. It is wonderful.

Exceeded the high standard of Viking particularly as a cultural experience

Viking Mekong Cruise Review by ronfra