3. Celebrity Silhouette
I chose this cruise because because 2 other couples we travel with as a group wanted to take it, having said that I must admit that it was an awesome cruise. The service was just excellent, from the bartenders, waiters and room attendants. They were all very friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcomed and pampered. We chose a balcony room on the 7th deck, which was a first for us, but after cruising with a balcony, we have decided that all our future rooms on cruises will be with a balcony. It made our room feel so much bigger and was just great for sitting out on it early in the morning with a cup of coffee watching the sun rise or late evening with a glass of wine watching the sunset. This was just a great cruise and I would recommend it to anyone.

Cruising the Baltics and having a Great time.

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by bencurry

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda
bencurry’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2B 7298
We were both surprised at spacious the room actually was with the verandah/balcony and queen sized bed. It was meticulously kept clean by our cabin attendant who always seemed to pick just the right time to come in and freshen our room up while we were gone either to a meal or shore excursion. He did a great job, as did all the celebrity Silhouette staff.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Amsterdam
    This was an escorted walking tour of the red light district and was narrated by an english speaking tour guide. It included a first hand look of the District itself, complete with girls in the windows, The district's history and how it came into being literally hundreds of years ago, and the history of a very old Catholic church build right in the middle of the district and why it was built. Great tour and not at all what you might expect.
    View All 12,811 Amsterdam Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Amsterdam Cruise Port Review
  • Anne Frank House
    We booked all our Amsterdam excursions either through Viator or on our own as we traveled to Amsterdam 4 days early so we could spend more time exploring the city. We rented an air bnb apartment overlooking the Amstal river canal and right across the street from the metro stop. We then used our I Amsterdam cards to transport ourselves around the city.
    View All 89 Anne Frank House Reviews
  • Canal Tour
    We used the hop on hop off canal tour for getting around the city a little, especially the ann frank house. We also took a canal cruise one evening that served hot pizza for dinner with beverage choices of cold beer, wine or soft drinks. The dinner tour was very relaxing and all of us had a great time.
    View All 264 Canal Tour Reviews
  • Edam Walking Tour
    This tour was in conjunction with the windmill and countryside tour and was a lot of fun. We got to purchase fresh cheeses and observe a cheese festival that was taking place in the town itself.
    View All 11 Edam Walking Tour Reviews
  • Rijksmuseum
    We booked the Rijksmuseum and van gogh museum as a package through viator, and after a little issue with a foul up with the reservation (Viator-Tour Operator) we got to see both museums. I personally liked the Rijksmuseum the best as I really enjoy Rembrandt'd paintings more then Van Gogh's but the tour was very good.
    View All 64 Rijksmuseum Reviews
  • Van Gogh Museum
    As I indicated above the Van Gogh tour was booked through viator as a package with the Rijksmuseum, which included lunch at the van gogh. The pre arranged lunch that came with the tour wasn't very good. If I had it to do over again I would forgo the tour lunch and simply pay for my own at the little cafe in the museum which offered much better menu items then we were served.
    View All 56 Van Gogh Museum Reviews
  • Windmills Driving Tour
    We met in Amsterdam on Dramrak street at the tour operators office and then boarded a bus for our tour of the Dutch country side and its windmills. The tour included stops at a place that had 3 still working windmills, which we toured and learned that the dutch used windmills as factories for making paints, crushing old roof tiles for paint pigment in order to produce different paint colors, and as saw mills for producing lumber from giant trees. The tour also included a walking tour of Edam and a water front village that contained nice little outdoor bars, restaurants and a cheese making factory where we got to watch cheese actually being made.
    View All 32 Windmills Driving Tour Reviews
  • Viking Ship Museum
    This tour included a stop at a glass works factory about an hour outside of Oslo in the mountains. The factory produces hand blown glass ware and we were taken directly inside of it where we got to see the glassware being hand blown, shaped and finished. The tour included a light morning breakfast croissant with coffee which was actually very good. After the glass factory we headed down to the viking ship museum to see the viking ship dating from around 800 AD. There ship was awesome as was the artifacts discovered with it.
    View All 46 Viking Ship Museum Reviews