3. Allure of the Seas
I've been on 4 cruises including this one before, and this one was definitely the best if not tied for the best (tied with star princess). I'll start with the few negatives. Negatives: If someone were to ask me what was the worse thing about this cruise, two things would come to my mind: Sunburn and disembarkation. Sunburn was because of flowrider and me forgetting to re-apply sunscreen (got burnt within 2 hours of applying sunscreen since the water hits you very hard when you fall off flowrider and washes the sunscreen off). Disembarkation took almost an hour, though if we were smarter we would have just waited on the ship nearer to the end as we were in no hurry to get off the boat. Some places were packed (on-air mainly, sometimes dazzles). Entertainment: My family and I really enjoyed some of the game shows and karaoke. Fritz (i think that's his name), was HILARIOUS! One of the better hosts for sure. Our headliner act was the Texas Tenors, and man, were they good!!! The ship itself was very big, so during the day and even at night a lot of places weren't packed (Besides on-air. Make sure to get there at least 15 minutes beforehand since the place would be so crowded people would be watching from almost outside). It didn't seem like there were 6000+ people, although our cruise had I think 6280. I'm not much for musicals, but in terms of shows mamma mia was quite good (somewhat long though). Blue Planet was decent, headliner show (texas tenors) were awesome, and the ice show was great! Activities were great. MAKE SURE YOU DONT MISS THE FLOWRIDER SHOW AT THE END OF THE WEEK. If you've tried the flowrider before, you'll be amazed at the performance the sport staff displayed, it was ridiculous!! Crowd wasn't very big as people probably thought it wasn't a big deal, but believe me, this is something worth seeing, just 30 minutes of your day. Dining: Didn't go to any of the specialty restaurants. Just went to the main dining room for breakfast and dinner, sometimes even lunch on sea days. The main dining room's fabulous! I'm not sure why people complain about it. If you don't like one food, just order another on the menu. Steak was cooked almost to perfection (medium for me always), the shrimp was great (had 12 shrimps), but lobster night was a little disappointing (although I still had 11 lobster tails....somewhat lacking in taste). My waiters were great! After ordering more than just 1 main dish and dessert the first couple nights, they always insisted on ordering more food. Every dinner I ate till I could no more! Park cafe was alright, the roast beef sandwiches not as good as I expected with everyone raving about it on the forums. Johnny Rockets also had good breakfast. Royal Promenade didn't have much but was the only thing open 24/7. The pizza place was really REALLY good though! Sometimes they would let you create your own pizza. I only had 1 hotdog at the hotdog place on the first day and it was pretty good! I was too full always to go there anymore after the first day though. Service: Service in the dining room was great, stateroom attendant did alright as well, although we didn't request too much. Besides that, service was lacking compared to some of the other cruise lines like princess. Staff weren't all out to really help you make sure you get the best cruise of your life, but they would do it if asked. Ports and Shore excursions: Cozumel: Scuba diving was pretty good, did it with a private company, not too much to say here. Jamaica: Dunns River Falls and Blue Hole. Dunns River was pretty cool walking up the water fall, but it wasn't mind blowing or anything. Blue Hole was much more exciting and adventurous. I would definitely recommend blue hole over Dunns River Falls. Haiti: Just chilled at the beach, got some mats and laid in the ocean. Very relaxing, bbq was pretty good though the ribs were a bit dry. Much nicer than Carnival's Roatan island. Also went on the coaster ride, good view but not worth the money. Tips + Other: For a good view of the ocean from the ship, go to deck 14 and walk all the way to the front. You get the best view right up at the front of the ship. The gym could get quite packed sometimes, early in the mornings is when it was more empty. There's almost always something to do, just make sure you look at your cruise compass to see what's on. Reserve your shows on cruise planner ahead of time and be sure to arrive early for any reservations you made of shows. You can always just not show up if you decide to do something else. Don't eat at the Windjammer Buffet. Food there isn't very good and it's quite packed, takes some time to find a seat. I find people in the forums are somewhat exaggerating when they say that all 6k people try to find a table in Windjammer. It's not true as once the Windjammer starts to get too busy, staff make people wait outside in a line and only let people in once others are finished eating and have left. There's many more options like Sorrento's, Park Cafe, hotdog place, and the dining rooms are available at certain times during the day. For people who do the flowrider, make sure you apply sunscreen very often since waiting in the sun for the other riders takes a lot of time and your sunscreen gets washed away when you fall in the rushing water. Embarkation was quick, but disembarkation was very slow. RCCL has a partnership with DreamWorks so you can see all the dreamwork characters. Parade was alright, although it wasn't fantastic or anything. Elevators also weren't what other people in the forums were saying. Waits weren't that long, no more than 3-4 minutes at the most. I was always too full to do any walking up/down the stairs.

Great Cruise Ship! One of the Best Yet!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Yiaoping

Cozumel:

Jamaica:

Haiti:

Tips + Other:

Embarkation was quick, but disembarkation was very slow.

Yiaoping’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Better than expected, not very roomy but you get what you pay for. Most of the time was spent outside anyways except sleeping.
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans