3. Brilliance of the Seas
I chose the Atlantic crossing to see if I would like being on the ship for that many days without a port call. I loved it. I did have early concerns because, being a fairly new cruiser, I unknowingly picked what was supposed to be a "not so good" location for an oceanview cabin. It was on deck 3 all the way at the front. However,it turned out to be just fine. Our cabin steward was fantastic and treated us like we were in the luxury suite. I did not have any bad experiences with the motion of the ship or any unusual noises. The only negative (which turned out to be a positive) was how far we had to walk to the dining rooms and other public areas. Considering the amount of food I consumed, it was excellent for me to have to walk those extra steps. I was pleased with the size of the ship and all the interesting things they had scheduled to keep you occupied if you needed it. I didn't chose to use the wifi package and it was a big plus for me to be 'unplugged' for the days we were crossing the Atlantic. I could always find free wifi in each of the pots and catch up on what was necessary. I didn't book any shore excursions preferring to do my own thing which worked out just fine and was a lot cheaper. Overall, I'm very happy with the experience and plan to do another one next year.

First TransAtlantic but not the Last!

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by DDlovestotravel

DDlovestotravel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Cabin was nice and had plenty of room for two people. We had twin beds and when I asked if the had something to help cushion my shoulder (recent surgery), he went above and beyond to make me comfortable. Royal Caribbean has some excellent staff.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans

• Gibraltar
    Gibraltar is so small that you can take a taxi and see everything. All the taxi drivers are licensed and have to charge the same amount to take you to the top of the mountain. However, they wait until you have 5 or more in the group so you might have to wait 10-15 minutes before leaving vs. the immediate departure of the cruise ship excursion group, but you do save money. Our driver was very entertaining and told us all about the history of the country. Don't forget to tip if he's really good.
    View All 732 Gibraltar Cruise Port Reviews