3. Carnival Valor
I'm giving this cruise a 4 out of 5 rating based on what this cruise is supposed to be... with a very emphatic understanding that I WOULD NEVER GO ON THIS CRUISE AGAIN OR RECOMMEND IT TO ANY OF MY PEERS AND FRIENDS. EVER. My wife and I went on this cruise to join her stepmother for her 75th birthday. She's a long time Carnival cruiser. She loves it. She... like many people on the cruise... truly believes that the "ports" Carnival brings you into are what the actual locations are. And she loves that. She also believes that buffets are amazing... and that slot machines are true gambling... I happen to disagree with her on about everything. The Carnival Valor is a fairly dated ship. It's decor is not "out-dated" nor is it modern. For what it is, it's actually pretty solid. It's a mid-priced value cruise... and if you realize that and expect that, I might even give it a 5 out of 5. I am rating this experience on this basis. While I personally hated the decor - not my style at all - I can say that it is very well maintained. Things aren't beat up. Everything worked great as it should functionally. The crew aboard deserves a 7 out of 5 in my opinion. Every single person on the cruise did their job exceptionally. Everyone. That job for many of them isn't a fun one... and they all did it all exceptionally...with no complaints... lots of courtesy... and timely. For what the food is, it's fantastic. If you like burgers, pizza, etc... Holy crap. The Guy Fieri burger place serves just about the best hamburger I've had in 15 years. Not kidding. The 24 hr pizza place has fantastic pizza. Prior to this cruise, I haven't had a burger or pizza in many months. So yet again, not my forte. If you think going to Grand Turk and instantly going to a Margarittaville contained within Carnival's "port" is an offshore excursion and the Grand Turk experience you want, by all means get on this cruise. Main complaints: 1) the shopping on the boat is awful. Horrible. That "jewelry" store is a joke. Do not spend a penny there. It's QVC crap at prices even higher than the QVC stuff. They had a Rolex section... but with only pre-owned Rolexes. Someone approached me and asked, "Are you interested in a new watch - I see you looking at some? I can save you tons over anything you could buy anywhere else!" I showed him my watch and said, "Do you have anything like this?" They're selling $250 watches for $500 and cz's and "tanzanite" which is worthless. 2) Booze is horribly overpriced. If you're like I was... you'll need lots of it. 3) The ports are awful. Run. Run away fast from them. If you're more like me and lean towards actually discovering the culture and highlights of where you're visiting, well, I can't recommend Carnival or any cruise for that matter. Kudos to all of the employees and what they do though.

4 out of 5 based on what it is... but would never ever ever ever ever go again.

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by pullejo

I happen to disagree with her on about everything.

Main complaints:

3) The ports are awful. Run. Run away fast from them.

Kudos to all of the employees and what they do though.
pullejo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6487
Horrible decor.... fantastic functionality.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins