• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Pride Review

Editor Rating
6 Awards

Loved the cruise but disappointed at some passengers

Review for Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera
USC-UVIC
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Mar 2009
Cabin:

This is my 7th cruise with the Carnival company. It was the first time for us to be on Carnival cruise line. I must say that I have never seen so many badly behaved intoxicaated passengers. They certainly kept the crew busy! Ist night in the Normandie Dining room, I had to request the group of 20 something guys not to cuss and swear loudly, unfortunately, they were so drunk that they kept swearing profusely with lots of sexual conversation loudly spoken by some of them. No staff came to tell them to watch their language. In the end, I had no choice but to alert this to the waiter who then told me that he couldn't do anything but he would informed the Maitre D. After that night, we had no bad languages from them anymore.

2nd night, I was woken up at 3 am by my neighbours who were screaming and shouting, they were having a party next door. I had to bang on the wall next to them to get them to keep quiet. The late night buffet was scary, adults were using their fingers to take the cookies even though the tongs were in their sight. Teenagers were using their finger to take french fries when the crew weren't watching. It was also quite clear to us that someone was serving alcohol to underage teenagers. We have seen them walking unsteadily with a bottle of beer in their hand and wearing 4 inch heels. It was a miracle that none of them fell off the ship or broke their noses when they fell.

Parents were not minding their children's behaviour, one night in the piano bar, I actually witnessed a 8-9 year old girl poking the pianist in his back with her mother by her side! That was a very rude behaviour and it was unbelievable. I have seen a group of 8-9 year old chidren running around and activating the handicapped button for opening the washroom door. Parents were letting their children roll around the floor of the Beauties lounge obstructing the path and preventing other passengers from walking.

Port Reviews

Puerto Vallarta

We are unable to rate PV as we did not visit any site. The children just wanted to hang out by the pool. We did go down to the supermarket and bought some Mexican pure vanilla extract. It was quite shocking to see Pharmacy able to sell medication without prescription.

Mazatlan

We took a 3 hour tour for Mazatlan, loved the 130 year old Church, the architecture were spectacular. Simply awe-inspiring. The tour guide was very entertaining and informative. The water at the beach was very cold but the children didn't care, they had a great time. Just need to say "NO, GRACIAS" to the beach vendors, if you intend to buy, don't be afraid to bargain. Slash all prices by at least 50%. They wanted to sell me the T-shirts for US$10 a piece. I managed to snag 3 t-shirt for $15

Cabo San Lucas

We did not do any tour as the port of call were short. We just took a cab to Medona Beach and spend the whole afternoon at the beach. We thought the water at Cabo would be warmer since it is between the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. Alas! no such luck, it was cold! We had a great time, the children loved the time at Cabo, we got quite tanned and brown. We went to the pier and bought a 1 litre pure vanilla extract for US$8. We had to wait in line for the tender to the ship, of course there were line-jumpers from our wonderful passengers.

previous reviewnext review