• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Pride Review

Editor Rating
6 Awards

Prides last trip, to Mexico that is!

Review for Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera
pbsmckinnon
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Mar 2009
Cabin: Ocean View
Traveled with children

We are from Canada, so we flew into LAX a few days early to look around Long Beach. If you can stay at the Queen Mary, it is wonderful and they treat you like a real cruise ship would. On Sunday we checked in early using the Queen Mary check in site. Since we stayed on the QM we knew where to go and what to do. the bellhops even took our luggage for us and we never touched a thing. Embark took a while, but it was sunny and we loved just hanging out and seeing the people, and it gave me time to give my wife a foot massage. Since we where in row #1 we where almost the first ones on, very cool ship, but first thing was they didn't direct us to our room. we found the room finally and it was ready to go so we dumped our carry ons and headed above deck to see what was going on.

Meals- breakfast staff was sort of rude to us, to the point where my wife complained, then things got a bit better. I hate to ask for OJ 3 times in one meal and never get it. Lunch staff was no better, so we just ate lunch on deck or in ports. Supper staff could not have been better, singing and dancing and always smiling. Pizza, burgers and buffets where good, loved the fresh fruit.

Activities- lots of Bingo,but it costs money to play, shows where out of this world, loved the comedians and music was great. we did play a few audience games and had lots of fun.

Ocean View

Cabin 6a

First floor outside cabin, lots of room for 3 people, nice bathroom with a warm shower. beds where comfortable and we could not hear anyone anywhere, very quiet. Bad thing is only one plug in, had to charge camera seperatly, that sucks.

Port Reviews

Puerto Vallarta

Dolphin swim, expensive but nice. you are not allowed your own pictures and they charge very high to buy them. took a shuttle to town for lunch at Bubba Gump, very nice and clean, good food, highly recommend. took a taxi to the public market, very good prices, very nice people and good barter deals. Wal-mart at the port was nice but a bit confusing as we do not speak Spanish.

Mazatlan

did the shopping, lunch and beach tour. The show before the shopping is very good and well worth every dime. shopping sucked big time, we did not want to buy jewelry and thats all they had I left without buying a hat because I couldn't find one, but I did get a shirt. The hotel was very nice, good food and friendly staff. you can use the pool or the beach. just watch out, they have sellers right on the beach and they are a bit pushy. we did not walk around Mazatlan as we where tired from "shopping", or a 3KM hike through jewelry land as I call it

Cabo San Lucas

Very nice town, as soon as you get away from all the sellers on the pier, they do get annoying after 2 minutes. had a nice snack at a hotel and just hung out by the beach. we booked the Sea Treks tour, its a helmet dive in about 20 feet of water. very nice water and the people where so friendly, we all loved it. we would recommend this tour to anyone who likes water, fish or adventure. seen a whale for the first time right next to the boat in the Cabo bay.

previous reviewnext review