• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Mar 2009
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Background information: This is my 7th cruise with the Carnival Company. It was the first time for us to be on Carnival cruise line. We have travelled with Holland America and Princess to Alaska and W. Caribbean.

Ship : The interior of the ship was supposed to be a Renaissance theme. Instead, it looked cheap and tacky. I must say that the elevators were the fastest that I have been, which is a good thing. I am not sure how old the ship is but they had alot of plumbing problem. The poor crew was constantly on the go in fixing problems. Twice, we had to inform front desk that our toilet couldn't flush, they did fix the problem as fast as they can. The bathroom located in the common area had their fair share of problems, no running water from the tap, another is the toilet were not flushing. Needless to say, it was pretty gross. The wake up feature on the phone was not working, therefore we had to call room service and front desk to give us wake up calls. Extra workload for the staff but they were very polite and good about it. Thanks to CruiseCritic.com reviews again, I was warned about only 1 plug in the room and I came prepared with an extension plug, saved our lives as we had our C-PAP machines with us. Make sure you bring a wide-mouth water bottle, your cabin steward only fills your ice bucket once a day. On Lido deck, you can fill it with water, lemonade, or iced-tea filled with ice.

Activities: Children activities were good, both my children and my son enjoyed their activities very much. There were much activities for adults, we like trivial games and there were many on the ship, just make sure you get there 5 minutes before the games. The crew starts them very promptly.

We loved the bed, it was very firm. The cabin stewart was good.

Find a Carnival Pride Cruise from $264