3. Carnival Sunshine
This was my first cruise ever and I have a fear of water and boats. Overall I have to say Carnival Sunshine did a really good job. The room was better than I thought and the crew was awesome. Every time we left the room, we came back and the room was cleaned and the guy who maintained the room for our deck was great. Always smiley and friendly. There was tons to do. We went with a group of 16 for a wedding and always found something to do. We had a blast. I gave Carnival Sunshine a high rating. The only complaints I really have is I paid extra for the spa balcony room and I didn't find any extra perks. I thought we were to have access to a part of the ship that was adults only on the very top deck, but the whole ship was open to everyone of all ages. Also, when we tried to book spa appointments we were turned down due to no openings. However, while I was standing there other people walked right up and asked for a massage and they told them yes. I don't know if you have to be a VIP or something to get priority access, but it was pointless for us to pay extra on the spa deck. Also, it was frustrating when we did get in to get a massage they used half of our time on the clock to sell us products. If I'm still on the clock for my 90 minute massage, they shouldn't be talking to me about products. The ship was completely full and it was packed! We had 3 days at sea before we reached port and you never could find a chair to lay out. People would lay towels down to reserve their chair and never came back. Someone needs to rethink this whole process. Maybe someone goes around and monitors chairs. As far as food the dining room was really good, but the buffet was just okay and sometimes they closed down. If you missed that window for the buffet then you were just out of luck. Also, I felt everything cost so much. Some drinks were like $10+ and the cruise itself was high. We attended a family members wedding on the cruise and Carnival Sunshine did a great job. They did any exceptional job on the wedding pictures and video, but be prepared to spend a lot of money to get the pictures and video. The dining room was great especially if you are with a group of people. We tried all kinds of different food and there was lots to choose from and you could get multiple items. They had an app you could use to chat with each other, but internet costs a lot of money to get. Would I book with carnival again? That's tough to say, because I was afraid of being on a ship. I have a fear of water. I only went since it was a family member getting married. We had one day that we hit some rough waters. If I didn't have anxiety about that, then yes I would book a trip with them again.

First Cruise

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by tlehman

tlehman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Spa Balcony
Cabin 8T 11022
Cabin was great. More room than I expected and 3 doors of closet space. There was only two of us in the room and found that we had more than enough space to move around. Beds were comfortable. Balcony was roomy. Carpet was a little dirty looking, but not bad. The only complaint would be the lack of outlets, but I brought an extension cord with me. Also, I was on deck 11. Just a note, if you don't like to feel a lot of movement on the ship, don't get any rooms on the spa deck since it is the front of the ship and the top level. You will feel a lot more movement. I had family on deck 8 and I walked down to their room and felt nothing.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins