3. Regal Princess
Ok, so we'll start at the beginning. We got to the ship, oh, around noon. We were in a taxi and had no problem getting our luggage for the ship to a porter. The embarkation was fairly quick, there was a pretty long line. I think it took us 30-45min to get onto the ship. Princess still does the entire Muster, making you put on your life vest, unlike NCL. We were there for the better part of a half-hour (we got there late thanks to my roommate, normally I am a very time conscious person.) We were able to get to our room after 1pm, so we went to the buffet. It seemed like everything we had was lukewarm, at best. The taste was, eh, and I'm not sure how much of that was due to the temperature. So we bought the Enclave (thermal suite) Pass, which was $150 per person for the week. Well worth it for me! There is a huge pool-sized hot tub, 8 stone chairs (but not heated, at least that I noticed!,) 2 steam rooms (one Turkish, one Roman,) and the dry sauna. They also have 4 specialty showers, 2 rain-forest, 1 cold mist, and 1 siberian mist. The last two are very nice right out of the steam rooms. We also indulged in their 10%, 20%, 30% off spa services (you have to book 3 at one time) though we did have a billing dispute at the end of the cruise. If the spa miss-bills you, you have to wait until the spa is open to resolve it. Guest services are no help when it comes to the spa. Be aware they are very pushy about their product line! You say no, they say but.... Ok, the room. We were in a Mini-Suite, M428. I would recommend it actually. It has one of the larger balcony's, but it is not directly under the sea-walk, like the one next door. It was very roomy, has a large bathroom, and a pull-out sofa (so it is a good size as well.) There were only 3 outlets, one in the bathroom, two on the vanity area. :( We slept with the twin bed arrangement and it worked well for us. There were three night-stands, plus 3 drawers in the vanity area (the hair-dryer was in the top drawer and worked very well.) The closet had a ton of space, and exactly the amount of hangers that two girls could use! As with all cruise ships that I've been on, the water could have had a bit more pressure to it. During the trip there were a few nights we could feel the roll of the ship, but to me it is very soothing. I don't think I would recommend this room for anyone who gets seasick easily. We were right beneath the pool deck, and we could hear them dragging chairs around on occasion, never at night though. If I were to stay on this ship again I would probably get the room underneath us. The overhang from the SeaWalk was a bit distracting from the view of the balcony. The food, oh where to begin! lol. So many hits and misses. Breakfast, eh. Lunch, eh. Dinner, right on! Well, most of the time, lol. Towards the end of the cruise it was like they kind of just gave up on good food. My roommate even got sick off their shrimp! Thankfully it was just the one night. If it looks bad, send it back, don't hesitate or you'll miss a night out! Skip the Beef Wellington, they use a sub-par pate, making it very gritty. If you adore grilled steak I do highly recommend the Specialty Steakhouse. Don't have it cooked with any special seasonings, and ask to try all three of the artisan salts! I was like, eh, who cares? Salt is salt. Ummm, not really, lol. Trust me you won't regret at least trying them. I wound up getting the entire set as soon as I got back home. If you get anytime dining and find a server you like (we loved Randy!) keep asking for them. It is nice to get someone you like and that you know will do a good job. The one night we didn't ask for him we regretted it very much (that was also the night my roommate got the bad shrimip.) We had booked the Catamaran Sail for St Thomas, but when we got on board the ship we found it had been cancelled. :( We wound up going to a rinky-dink beach on St Thomas, and shopping on St Maarten. We didn't get off the ship at Princess Cays. Although we did get a drink on the ship at PC, and beware that they do charge you shore tax even on the ship! It will also show up on your bill as a PC drink purchase. The entertainment was non-existent. I am use to there being something going on all the time, and well, there were several times there was no one playing any music. :( Highly disappointing! We went to the comedy show, it was packed, and nothing else caught our attention. The casino was busy but well laid out. There are a few areas it is hard to get around, but for the most part it is easily navigable. Lost much more than I won, but I had a fun time. The last night was when the games seemed to be more fun (I love the bonus levels/free games, etc.) but still didn't win much even then. All the drinks I had were very good, the shopping experience is not what it use to be, but overall it was good to get away from home and work. Most of the crew was very friendly and helpful, there were those few however that seemed like they couldn't get rid of you fast enough. The few times we went to the 'Singles unhosted' area there was no one there. This is not a cruise to try and strike up a relationship, lol.

It was good to get away?

Regal Princess Cruise Review by jctrav01

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

jctrav01’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA M428
Ok, the room. We were in a Mini-Suite, M428. I would recommend it actually. It has one of the larger balcony's, but it is not directly under the sea-walk, like the one next door. It was very roomy, has a large bathroom, and a pull-out sofa (so it is a good size as well.) There were only 3 outlets, one in the bathroom, two on the vanity area. :( We slept with the twin bed arrangement and it worked well for us. There were three night-stands, plus 3 drawers in the vanity area (the hair-dryer was in the top drawer and worked very well.) The closet had a ton of space, and exactly the amount of hangers that two girls could use! As with all cruise ships that I've been on, the water could have had a bit more pressure to it. During the trip there were a few nights we could feel the roll of the ship, but to me it is very soothing. I don't think I would recommend this room for anyone who gets seasick easily. We were right beneath the pool deck, and we could hear them dragging chairs around on occasion, never at night though. If I were to stay on this ship again I would probably get the room underneath us. The overhang from the SeaWalk was a bit distracting from the sea view off the balcony.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins