• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Freedom Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

3rd time is a charm on Freedom.

Review for Carnival Freedom to the Mexican Riviera
pearlandcruiser15
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2016
Cabin: Interior

This is my 11 Cruise on Carnival and have also cruised Princess and Royal Caribbean. This cruise was a bounce back offer from the casino from our Oct 2015 cruise. This is my 3rd cruise on Freedom.

Day 1 -- - Galveston -- embarkation was a breeze. Parked across the street and walked on at 11. We had chosen the new staggered check in time of 10:30 -11:00. As we were about 10 minutes late, we walked right into the terminal, 5 minutes to get through security and then upstairs to a very short line for our sail and sign cards. Whole process took less than 30 minutes.

Room was ready by 12:30. Room was an inside stateroom, Deck 8, Room 8326. We dropped off our carry on luggage and headed to eat lunch and get a drink. Weather was very nice on day one, but a very strong cool front was moving in later that day. This was my first time ever staying in an interior cabin and I must say, I really didn't miss having a balcony, which I thought I would. Ample room for two people.

Interior