3. Viking Tor
The Viking Danube Waltz was our first river cruise and it far exceeded our expectations. The Tor was perfect: our cabin was quiet, attractive and spacious, the meals were delicious and varied. There were just the two of us but we met so many friendly and interesting people we always had a good dining experience meeting new friends. The shore excursions were excellent. Tour guides were knowledgeable and their English was excellent and easy to understand. Our three-day pre-cruise extension in Prague was wonderful. The tour, luncheon and concert at the Lobkowicz Palace was one of the highlights of our trip. The overall impression we took away from our Viking Danube River cruise was that Viking had planned and executed the minutest details beautifully. We always felt we were in good hands. Personally, I've been on an ocean cruise and with my husband, children and grandchildren on an Alaskan cruise but this was the most relaxing, educational and purely enjoyable cruise I've ever experienced. We look forward to taking another European river cruise with Viking as soon as our schedules permit.

Danube Waltz, Outstanding

JoanElizabeth’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Tor price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 231
Spacious, attractive, comfortable and quiet. We loved the veranda.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins