3. Viking Tor
This cruise was very well enjoyed by everyone in our party. We had three balcony rooms in our group. We booked late and there were no lower categories available. The accommodations were very nice and the crew/staff were excellent. Granted, we did have some problems, none of which were the fault of Viking. However, they handled them all very well. The first problem was a strike by Lufthansa four days before our flight. I was glad I booked the trip with inclusive air as it would have been MY nightmare trying to reschedule flights instead of theirs. They booked us on another airline and it was fine. The water level in the Danube was too low for the ship to make it to Budapest so we were put on it's sister ship on the second night. The first night they put us up in a very nice hotel. Again, everything was handled very professionally and smoothly by Viking. Yes, we had to take a coach to the ship and again at another point but the coaches they use are first class. The person who claimed there wasn't enough to eat or that there was no entertainment obviously isn't sophisticated enough for this type of cruise. Having done the big ships to the Caribbean, it was refreshing to travel on this small boat with a lot less people. The food was wonderful as was the service. If you were hungry on this trip, you must have a tapeworm. I had asked for more pillows on the first night aboard and when we switched ships midweek, my extra pillows were already in the room and didn't have start over with the new crew. I know that time of year is iffy for the weather but we had great weather. Each day they take you on a tour in the morning and then you can sign up for an optional tour in the afternoon. We are in our late 40's and lead pretty active lives and felt like we did plenty each day. We had folks in their mid 70's to 80 in our party and they did pretty well keeping up. They have separate tours that cater to those who are slower moving if you feel you can't keep up or you can just sit on the ship and look at the scenery. Plenty of places for a good view. They have local tour guides at each stop and some are better than others but overall they were all good and it gives you a good overview of each place the ship stops. I'm usually too cheap to do the all inclusive but in this instance, I'm glad I did. They pick you up from the airport and take care of you until they help you check in for your return flight home. No thinking necessary, just sit back and enjoy!

Lovely Way to Sample Europe

hikemich’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Tor price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 309
The cabin was very nice, clean, nice amenities. Bottled water provided everyday.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins