3. Carnival Sunshine
The Sunshine is a nice ship. It is very clean and we liked our cabin, 5306. This is an oceanview room. We liked the size of the ship, it's pretty easy to navigate and get from on end to the other quickly. Jaime the cruise director did a good job.mwe enjoyed her energy. We booked online. I asked for a king sized bed. I also called carnival and asked for two extra pillows and a mattress topper. We board the ship and get to the room. Twin sized beds, no extra pillows, no pillow topper. We call housekeeping. They tell us that we will have it fixed. Later, we bump into our room steward. He assures us that we will have a king sized bed, pillow topper and two pillows. We come back later, still no pillows (wife needs them for her back ). Call housekeeping.mthey don't answer. We leave a note the next morning. Finally get the pillows. The button to flush the toilet works sporadically. Sometimes, you are stuck with an unflushed toilet. Of course, it worked fine when we showed someone,mthey would go on the blink again.... Towels were really hard and scratchy. Food was not very good. We enjoyed the uncharged restaurants - the steakhouse and sushi. We didn't care for Jiji's. After talking to several other passengers, we found that most everyone didn't care for JiJi's, either. Main dining room and lido food was meh at best. Bland, uninspired menus. Bar prices have gone up. I ordered a Bloody Mary at breakfast on sea day. It was over $11 and was served in a small Collins glass, about a 10 ounce glass. If you order a Bloody Mary at the Havana bar, you get a full size, 16oz Bloody Mary for the same price. Go figure. The passengers...what is up with these rude people? Cutting people off in line at embarkation, leaving their items in the lounge chairs for over an hour unattended, then getting angry when approached by the carnival employees. there's a reason Carnival is called Walmart of the seas.... The price point attracts some real trash. I've been on carnival, royal Caribbean, holland, and Norwegian. Carnival is by far the worst. It's too bad, because I'm really close to hitting platinum, but I don't see me cruising with them again. Shows - 8 people perform all of the Vegas type of shows. Shows were ok. Motown was my favorite. We also had a ventriloquist. He was ok. Having eight people perform all of the shows is a cheap way to entertain. I wasn't wowed. They still do the hairy chest contest. What is this? 1977?

Walmart of the seas passengers

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by zoof26

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Towels were really hard and scratchy.

Main dining room and lido food was meh at best. Bland, uninspired menus.

They still do the hairy chest contest. What is this? 1977?
zoof26’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C 5306
Clean. Quiet. Great location. Toilet didn't always flush.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins