3. Celebrity Eclipse
I have just returned from a lovely 14 night cruise on the wonderful Celebrity Eclipse. Embarkment and disembarkment was quick and effortless. The itinerary was spot on and the sun stayed with us the whole cruise. Rooms: Our room was clean and spacious, it also had a bathroom larger than expected. The room was quiet, with not even a squeak from the balcony doors. The only niggles were: the wardrobe being blocked on one side, making it hard to access and see in, and not having enough draw space for three people. Additional overhead cupboards were provided but you had to climb on the bed to reach your clothes. Facilities: The pools were clean with plenty of comfortable loungers but most of them were placed too close together for personal space, often you had to climb onto them! Nevertheless, there was plentiful space for sitting, even on a full ship. Entertainment: We enjoyed most of the entertainment especially, The Tenors Of Rock, Nick Page and The Russian Dancers invited on were incredible. However, Christopher Caress, the hypnotist we were looking forward too, was a waste of an hour. All the entertainment staff were fantastic, especially Sue Denning (cruise director) who was full of energy and quick quips. Food: Food in the Oceanview was of standard quality with a varied choice. Moreover, my daughter loved the free ice cream parlour, which provided complimentary toppings. The Evening meal, which was set sitting, had excellent service and the food was very good quality. Ports: We went on two tours in Russia, which were both excellent. The shuttles, in ports, did not offer a free service and were quite pricey for a family. We felt especially let down in Stockholm, since there was little information on how to get to town; unless you opted for the hop on-hop off buses, which we avoid due to previous bad experiences. We muddled our way to the Old Town by my knowledgable son. Stockholm was a fantastic place, with so much to see an do. Unfortunately, the ship was not in port long enough for us to truly appreciate the city, (until 4pm) whilst other ports were given a disproportionate amount of time (until 11.59pm at the next port) Beverages: Drinks on board were overpriced (e.g. $10 for a £3 beer) and the staff were keen to push the package deals, however this would not have benefited us. There was a happy hour (2 hours) twice a day but it offered a very limited choice of five drinks. The drinks bill at dinner was consistently high: one small house wine, one beer and one tin of soda came to 25 dollars. Kids: My daughter enjoyed the kids club and made some wonderful friends. At the end they had a talent show, which was fantastic and was very well organised. It also gave her friends to meet round the pool and spa, which she spent hours in. Activities: My adult son particularly enjoyed the lectures by Harvard professor Dr. Bob Donaldson, who talked about the political history of Russia. I joined my son for a talk on Putin, and even I thought that the talk was very amusing and informative. Also Philip Birkenstein gave two excellent talk on the history of fabergè and The St.Petersburg Collection. On the whole, the ship, was the correct balance for an enjoyable cruise. That is unlike our disappointing time on P&O Britannia, who could learn a lot from this ships design and service.

Celebrity Eclipse a big hit .

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Zedofthesea

Ages 7 to 9
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C
Storage for clothes were our only issue.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins