• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Aug 2008
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

Hotel Mozart, Rome, for 3 nights, then Carnival Freedom 14 August, 2008

This cruise, our 3rd Mediterranean voyage, in successive years, was for me, my wife Rosy and 16 yr old son, Luke.

We left home at 20.30 on Sunday for the 2 hr drive to London Heathrow. We had a good journey, in quite busy traffic, but found our hotel easily. We stayed at the Sheraton Skyline, where we have stayed before. We were allocated a club room, due to my SPG gold status. The room had a queen bed and a double sofa bed, for my ds. The bathroom had a full bath and power shower. The room also had toiletries and tea / coffee making facilities. The TV kept turning itself off, so we gave up. I awoke at 05.30, which was annoying, as our flight didn't depart until noon. I walked a ¼ of a mile to McDonalds for coffee and wifi! We have decided to catch the 423 bus, from opposite the hotel, to Terminal 5, which should be free of charge. You'll learn that we're very thrifty.

Balcony

Cabin 8A

Decent sized cabin, with reasonable balcony, one recliner, small table and upright chair. Good shower, with plenty of hot water. Very comfortable bed. A very good location.

Find a Carnival Freedom Cruise from $159