• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

31cruises
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2014
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

Departed Nov 16th for the 7 night cruise, This was the one with the Roatan Honduras, Playa Maya and Cozumel itinerary. Embarkation and parking was a nightmare, worst I have ever seen. Clearly boarding 2 ships is more that Galveston can handle. I used port parking and I had prepaid but it was still a traffic jam. I suggest using an off site parking lot, that transports you to the pier, they can get you in and out faster than the port lot. It was raining and we had to stand out in the rain waiting for a shuttle to take us to the ship.

Once onboard the ship was nice, and the staff and passengers were friendly, but clearly RCI has cut back on crew and wait staff, getting a drink when we got onboard was impossible and we couldn't find a seat in the windjammer..

We booked this cruise only 1 week before sailing and since its only a 9 hour drive we set out Saturday drove to Houston and got at the port at noon on Sunday. We got our cruise for $298.00 each and had an outside room on Deck 3, We usually have a balcony room but for the price we thought we would "rough" it. The stateroom was of normal size, and layout and actually very convenient. Cant complain about the room or price. This was my first time out of Galveston but I have noticed the price of these cruises are very affordable.

Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin G

room on deck 3 near elevator, very handy to everything, in good repair and plenty of storage.

Port Reviews

Roatan

was raining when we got off ship and there is a small shopping market just off ship. We turned around once we left the port area, hit hard by beggars and panhandlers, seemed a little dangerous to us. Not a pleasant stroll!

Cozumel

took the hike to downtown from the cruise port, about 2 mile walk and it was hot and muggy, but we needed the exercise. Been there several times, lots of good food safe for tourists, lots of shops.

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $178