3. Carnival Magic
Was A very pleasant cruise.  The Entire crew was amazing.  We parked at the EZ cuise in Galveston. They have great security for your vehicle so no worries at all while out to sea. Ez cruise is one block to the ship and makes for nice walk to the ship or use the ez bus to take you to the pier. Getting on the ship was quick and very pleasant. Once aboard we just started walking around and ended up at our state room. It was already clean and fresh. We bumped into our steward and talked for a little then gave her a few bucks and went right into our cabin and began relaxing. This ship is amazing and just compare it to other ships in the ports you go to and see for yourself that the magic is truly Magic. The Magic is not like any other cruise ship. The Magic has extra outside side Jacuzzi s that are on the side of the ship along with massive walking space and lounging space all around the sides of the ship along with the jogging /running track. The Jogging / walking track is super amazing walk or jog and just check out the view. The Magic has a enormous area on the sides to walk and lounge along with the deck jogging track and so on. I served aboard a Carrier during operation iraqi freedom back in 2003 in the Persian Gulf. I must say that pulling into Cozumel Mexico I myself was pretty concerned and remained vigilant while out on the island. You have to understand that you are not in the U.S. We had super fun in Coz but the locals and merchants were very aggressive. You have to know how to say no without being insulting. We heard from others aboard about road blocks by the police in Cozumel. To me.. Coz was pretty sketchy. Now for the Cayman island this was a entirely different experience. When in the Cayman's you are basically in Europe. Yes this little Island is owned by the Crown. In the Cayman's feel free to travel as you please at hardly no worries. Security and police are trustworthy and out and very willing to assist with directions. In the Cayman's you can take a cab pretty much anywhere for about 55 US or 65 CI or just jump on a local bus for about 2.50 U.S. per person or 2 CI. We took a small Toyota van / bus all over everywhere. The drivers were all very informative and willing answer any questions. We made a special stop to a place called Cost U Less to pick up a small fan for our cabin on the ship. Everything in the Cayman's is legit and similar to the states except it is a little expensive. $.80 U.S. is equal to about $1.25 CI money. In the Cayman's if you so choose you can drink openly in public. Just don't be a idiot. The Cayman's are a super fun port call, I suggest getting on a bus and seeing everything you can possibly see and be sure to talk to the locals and feel free to ask any questions you may have. I was asking people how long they had lived on the island and asking where everyone was from. I met a few 3rd and 4th gen locals. Super people. Next port call was Jamaica. :-( We had heard toooo many bad stories and did not even leave the pier in Jamaica. The port call in Jamaica had about 10 or 15 little shops on the pier and about 12 or so coll little shops inside a building on the pier of Jamaica. Please feel free to explore or research this port call yourself. The people we did deal with on the pier were all super and willing to negotiate on all sales of souvenirs. I made my way around exchanging U.S. currency for Jamaican currency. The locals were very willing to exchange. You can get a cool looking Jamaican 1000 dollar bill for about 10 U.S. Each port call we made I exchanged a little just to have some currency to take back to the states. Back on the ship and all sorts of fun things to do, The water park with slides and so on or just chill out and hangout in the buffet and munch. The Carnival Magic is truly amazing. We are on a serious budget but we made sure to pass along 10 or 15 cash each day to our steward and it really paid off.

Navy Vet from nuc aircraft carrier review on Carnival Magic

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by westpac2003

Getting on the ship was quick and very pleasant.
Once aboard we just started walking around and ended up at our state room.
You have to understand that you are not in the U.S.
We heard from others aboard about road blocks by the police in Cozumel.
To me.. Coz was pretty sketchy.
Now for the Cayman island this was a entirely different experience.
In the Cayman's feel free to travel as you please at hardly no worries.
$.80 U.S. is equal to about $1.25 CI money.
I met a few 3rd and 4th gen locals. Super people.
Next port call was Jamaica. :-(
We had heard toooo many bad stories and did not even leave the pier in Jamaica.
Please feel free to explore or research this port call yourself.
You can get a cool looking Jamaican 1000 dollar bill for about 10 U.S.
The Carnival Magic is truly amazing.

westpac2003’s Full Rating Summary