• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

citalrose
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2014
Cabin:

I must say I was very disappointed in the Carnival Sunshine (sailing date was March 16th 2014). This was my second sailing on a Carnival ship (last sailing was on the Carnival Dream in 2013) and I must say just might be my last. I will try to outline my disappointments and areas I liked below. But before I complain…there are some great things about the ship. The free popcorn on movie nights was awesome, Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana rocked, the main shows and comedy shows were enjoyable, and the water works section was fun (even for adults).

The overall ship was a disappointment.

The Carnival Sunshine was a newly refitted ship so my hopes were high. Yes, the ship appears new and clean in many ways, but the overall layout and traffic flow was awful. My wife and I had to constantly go up or down a deck to move across the ship (with the exception of deck 5). Whoever thought placing a woefully undersized comedy lounge in the middle of the front end of deck 4 with no way around it besides going up a floor was not thinking very well. Also, the quality of the refit was lacking…many titles are loose and some cracked, the teak decks were ruff and unfinished, wall treatments appeared plain, leaky pipes where visible, and the smell on mid deck 4 (starboard side) was horrid (sewage smell). For a ship just out of a dry dock complete refit not too long ago I would suggest Carnival sends this ship back and get it fixed. Best part in my opinion of the refit was the new Serenity decks and those super cool automatic hand washing stations.

Room was a typical CCL balcony cabin. Temperature controls failed to do anything…room was cold during the day and roasted at night which made for uncomfortable evenings. Cabin staff keep room well kept. In summary a fine room but nothing special.

Find a Carnival Sunshine Cruise from $259