3. Freedom of the Seas

I realize that with that title, I better have something to say. My wife and I have taken 12 cruises--evenly split over several cruise lines. My wife and I are both retired and have been using retirement to spend time traveling. We enjoy beaches and hot weather.

This cruise was a seven day out of Port Canaveral. We drove to the port and got on to a balcony room.

This cruise proved to be the best ever. Simply stated, it was the energy, professionalism, and pleasantness of the staff and crew. Every Royal Caribbean employee we encountered went our of their way to make this the perfect cruise. Several examples may help to explain.

On the last nigh of our cruise, we discovered that the main room steward working our area had left the ship on the second day because of medical reasons. We had not noticed any change in the level of service to our room. In fact, the assistant room steward had gone over and above to meet requests and take care of our needs. We were simply amazed at what that young man was able to accomplish.

The table service in the main dining room was also great. After the first two nights the waiter and his assistant seemed to be able to anticipate our every want and need.

Not everything on the cruise was perfect. We did manage to flood the bathroom because of a stopped up drain in the shower. We called the maintenance number and someone appeared within minutes. They repaired the problem and had a housekeeping person come and completely clean the bathroom. All of this occurred within a 30 minute time frame. I thought that was service beyond anyone's expectation. One must expect small maintenance issues but I was shocked at how quickly they fixed it.

During the returning cruises reception, I noticed something about the staff. It appears that the Captain and most of the senior officers have been working together for some years. There is no doubt that this closeness has led to one of the best working relationships in Royal Caribbean.

For future cruisers, I believe you may choose this ship and be certain to receive excellent service.

Best Cruise Ever