3. Carnival Paradise
This was my fourth Carnival Cruise and the service, food and entertainment on this cruise was to be desired. This has been my worst experience with Carnival cruise lines so far. The Carnival Paradise is definitely in need of a massive update. During the entire cruise the elevators were in need of repair. Signs were on mostly all of the elevators but by trial and error we discovered that they did work at times. We had to just take a chance, push the bottom and wait to see if it would open. I have cruised with my family of four before and have never felt as claustrophobic in a cabin as I did on this trip. We were on deck 5 with an oceanview. My son was a little bothered by the rocking but I dont think where we slept made a difference, we felt it throughout the ship. When we arrive and entered the cabin, the third bed was down was on the floor, which made it impossible to get to the bed closest to the window or to the television, without climbing over the bed. The bathroom was the worst. The showershower floor and wall tile was stained and looked unclean. The sink was chipped and very worn. Our cabin steward never said more than 5 words to usus during the entire trip. He never introduced himself or cleaned our room in a timely manner. I had to request service twice during the cruise. The food in the dinning room was okay as well as the buffet lunch. The breakfast buffet choices were limited and most items were not good. The entertainment was decent but I was a little disappointed in the lack of variety. The comedy shows were good. Each night a musical theater show was performed but were a little redundant. There was a country themed show one night then country music was featured again on the last night. I must say that I was very impressed with the Cruise Director. He was multi talented and very friendly. His fiddling and juggling was the best. We did not do any shore excursions through Carnival. Instead we did a local tour of Cancun which included stops to shop via taxi. It was reasonably priced compared to Carnivals. Overall I was very disappointed in this cruise. My previous experiences with Carnival's ships have not been the best, however this trip has been the worst by far. I am not sure if I will be cruising with Carnival in the future.

Expected better